FS: Tools

Yabutt: I know that you are filling up a matrix of possible tools.
Your collectoris is stimulated by a proximity to those tools which are not occupying spaces in the matrix.
My lust is driven by results oriented phenomena that may fit into the X - Y parametric, regarding cost and benefit.
You, I must say, although I run the risk of overstating the obvious, are a true bottomfeeder - and your buy button will not be triggered by something that is out of spec, regarding a pure price point, without regard to the geography that might need to be gobbled up in the pursuit of the snipe.
I, however, do not enjoy this malaise, and have personal snipes that fit into categories that are driven by real world considerations, such as the ability to replicate a profile that is not available in traditional Delta driven tooling.
And so, my collectoris is currently tingled by a profile plane that replicates the exact profile of a certain Goddard-Townsend cornice mould (sic) which I intend to use in faithful replication of a certain pediment, which entitles me to certain lordly airs, regarding you - and I'm sure that you see the truth of this - on its face...
(at this point, the dialogue disintegrates into mumblings.)
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy....
(watson wipes the drool from his mouth, attempts to assume the upright posture, and regards the intellectual shambles of the above with what he hopes is an understanding of his inherent, and shared, flaws.)
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
<snip>

I missed the lengendary Oliver lathe, of the mostly true "Dead Man's Tools" on that list.
;-)
Patriarch, who's been getting more Neander stuff lately, but trying to fit a "good lathe" into the space/financial budget...
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:36:22 -0600, Patriarch

Sorry, I don't have a good lathe for sale. I have a Jet lathe for sale.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

I ain't coming to Pennsultucky from California for a Jet lathe, even one with provenance.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:10:41 -0600, Patriarch

So what's wif dis 'provenance'?
Be it some sorta French cheese?
Is you sayin' dat my lathe is cheesy?
(watson - who's thinkin' that the damned lathe IS cheesy, but that the cheese is Chiwanese, not Froggish.)
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Provenance is the capitol of Row Disland. Mostly Italian and yes, they have good cheese.

See, that's the semi-believeable part for the gullible. Sounds like it might be true.
So maybe you're not so gullible. I bet you don't have any Scott Phillips' signature Gross Stabil PC2 clamps, either.
Patriarch
It was somewhere outside Barstow when Patriarch

Nope, but I've got a box of his screws.
NALOPKT Dave Allen lost that finger doing the early development work with his hex-key wrenches.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, the inscrutable "Lee Michaels"

At those price, Thomas J. Watson - RICH & NEKKID WoodDorker
--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------

Tom, eBay?
BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box? It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea
Dave

I only told my wife that I'd "try" to sell some of the tools.
I didn't say how hard...
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Best asnwer to date!
Dave

Yabbut, this one's got provenance. ;-)
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:37:30 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch

Izzat anything like Easterner Cooties?
--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:

Will the Swing Psychometer be able to tell me when to take my meds? Right now tracking my Haldol blood levels is hard...