FS: Tools

What kind of tools are you looking for, what are you going to use them for, and how much money do you have to spend?

Doug Miller

Tools to, build a house, build tables, build cabinets, Turn pens, build mission furniture, build clocks, do fret work, do dentistry, rebuild NASCAR engines, do plumbing, do gunsmithing, build jet fighters ????

Reply to
Mike G

Cheap tools, woodworking tools, metalworking tools, expensive tools, portable tools, air tools, ?????

n Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:38:45 -0400, "Mike G" wrote:

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Kinda like asking what brand of transportation we would suggest.

Reply to
Mark

No one brand makes the best of every type of tool. I recommend Milwaukee drills; Porter Cable routers,circular saws, oscillating sanders and biscuit joiners; DeWalt small router; and Fein detail sander. I have mostly Delta stationary tools, but Powermatic makes a great table saw and thickness planer. The old DeWalt Power Shops are better than any modern radial arm saws, but not the B&D DeWalts that came later. If you are considering used tools, the Atlas line was pretty good but are no longer made. Oliver and Yates American were good heavyweight tools. There are good imported tools as well, but I try to buy American-made if I can. Just my opinion. I don't know anything about air tools. harrym

Reply to
HarryM

Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 1:36pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steven=A0Van=A0Densen) asks: what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ?

I've heard the Jack Rabbit is highly recommended. Why do you ask?

Uh, you might want to be a bit more specific next time.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 2:17pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steven=A0Van=A0Densen) repeats: what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ?

This is from you earlier. Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 1:36pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steven=A0Van=A0Densen) what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ? thank you from steven van

Don't think people are going to e-mail you responses, you have to come back and check the thread. And, don't post the same question if you haven't gotten any response immediately, sometimes it takes a day or two, or niever. If you're going to ask the same question, at least check for responses first, then wait two or three days at least, before you ask the same question. You already got responses from the first time you asked, but looks like you didn't bother checking before posting this time, that's not polite.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Uh, you might want to be a bit more specific next time.

Kind of redundant being fifth person in don't you think Joat? Yeah, yeah, I like hearing my own voice and seeing my own text too. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 11:28pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Upscale) says: Kind of redundant being fifth person in don't you think Joat? Yeah, yeah, I like hearing my own voice and seeing my own text too. :)

When I posted that, I was first in line.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Isn't everybody first in line on the internet? :)

Reply to
Upscale

try:

someone

Now *theres* an Idea(TM)!!

*AIR* tools! The perfect complement to an 'air guitar'.

Wouldn't need a SawStop, either.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Handheld power tools: Generally I prefer top quality tools such as: Festool (my favourite company)

(routers and stationary tools) for routers check out
(especially for rotary hammer drills)
(primarily for metal)
hand tools (for woodworking) are mostly ECE
and Stubai

Christian Aufreiter

I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I want to sell.

There will be more, when I get more time.

J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Thomas J. Watson - NEKID -WoodDorker

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation: Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.

Prolly get some more Neander stuff.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

"Tom Watson"

Tom, eBay?

BTW Skil 77 for a $150 - Is it a MAG77 and still new in the box? It just crossed my eye as I just bought two Skil MAG77's new for $139.ea

Dave

Teamcasa

I only told my wife that I'd "try" to sell some of the tools.

I didn't say how hard...

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Best asnwer to date!

Dave

Teamcasa

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, the inscrutable "Lee Michaels" spake:

At those price, Thomas J. Watson - RICH & NEKKID WoodDorker

Reply to
Larry Jaques