FS: Tools

Page 1 of 2

I finally got a little bit of time to put up some of the tools that I want to sell.
There will be more, when I get more time.
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page50.htm
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

If you give up all your tools, you will become
Thomas J. Watson - NEKID -WoodDorker
<covering my eyes>
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steven Van Densen) wrote:

What kind of tools are you looking for, what are you going to use them for, and how much money do you have to spend?
Tools to, build a house, build tables, build cabinets, Turn pens, build mission furniture, build clocks, do fret work, do dentistry, rebuild NASCAR engines, do plumbing, do gunsmithing, build jet fighters ????
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

Now *theres* an Idea(TM)!!
*AIR* tools! The perfect complement to an 'air guitar'.
Wouldn't need a SawStop, either.
In article <4320-3F19ABBC-77@storefull-
says...

Kinda like asking what brand of transportation we would suggest.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
No one brand makes the best of every type of tool. I recommend Milwaukee drills; Porter Cable routers,circular saws, oscillating sanders and biscuit joiners; DeWalt small router; and Fein detail sander. I have mostly Delta stationary tools, but Powermatic makes a great table saw and thickness planer. The old DeWalt Power Shops are better than any modern radial arm saws, but not the B&D DeWalts that came later. If you are considering used tools, the Atlas line was pretty good but are no longer made. Oliver and Yates American were good heavyweight tools. There are good imported tools as well, but I try to buy American-made if I can. Just my opinion. I don't know anything about air tools. harrym

Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 1:36pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (StevenVanDensen) asks: what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ?
I've heard the Jack Rabbit is highly recommended. Why do you ask?
Uh, you might want to be a bit more specific next time.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
Uh, you might want to be a bit more specific next time.
Kind of redundant being fifth person in don't you think Joat? Yeah, yeah, I like hearing my own voice and seeing my own text too. :)
Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 11:28pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Upscale) says: Kind of redundant being fifth person in don't you think Joat? Yeah, yeah, I like hearing my own voice and seeing my own text too. :)
When I posted that, I was first in line.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
(Upscale) says:

Isn't everybody first in line on the internet? :)
Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 2:17pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (StevenVanDensen) repeats: what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ?
This is from you earlier. Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 1:36pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (StevenVanDensen) what brand of power and hand tools do you suggest ? thank you from steven van
Don't think people are going to e-mail you responses, you have to come back and check the thread. And, don't post the same question if you haven't gotten any response immediately, sometimes it takes a day or two, or niever. If you're going to ask the same question, at least check for responses first, then wait two or three days at least, before you ask the same question. You already got responses from the first time you asked, but looks like you didn't bother checking before posting this time, that's not polite.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:17:47 -0700, Steven Van Densen wrote:

try:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.woodworking
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steven Van Densen) wrote in message

Handheld power tools: Generally I prefer top quality tools such as: Festool (my favourite company) http://www.festool-usa.com/portando/index.cfm Mafell http://www.mafell.com / Scheer (routers and stationary tools) for routers check out http://anna-mariakoch.de/shop / Hilti (especially for rotary hammer drills) http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/modules/home/home_main.jsp Fein (primarily for metal) http://www.feinus.com /
My hand tools (for woodworking) are mostly ECE http://www.ecemmerich.com/ and Stubai http://www.stubai.com/1024/frame1_1024.htm
Regards,
Christian
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Nup. I be keepin' the Unisaur anna planer (Wrecklish Translation: Planner) and the coolest Neander stuff.
Prolly get some more Neander stuff.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote: snip

I'm going to be antiquing my way up the E coast here in a few days, anything you want me to keep my eyes open for? Hit me back channel if you want to talk about it, and I'll give you a cell phone number as well.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Thanks for the offer, but I expect a good part of the fun to be in the hunt.
Watch this space for:
"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".
Soon to be a sweetheart of a major moshun pictcha.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote: snip

Too bad you couldn't make it to our annual auction/tool show/meeting in Damascus, MD last weekend. PL and MJD were there, the Leamys were there with his gorgeous planes, so were about a gazillion other purveyors of old arn. Enjoy the hunt, I always do.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Damn Tom, you shoulda driven in for the annual Wooddorker's Show and Sunday morning follow up at the St. Frances VFW Hall old tools sale. There were Bedrocks by the butt load.
Of course bottom feeder pricing was no where to be found on those though you could get yourself set up with a Starrett or a Lufkin combo square for most of the time from $20 to $30.
Me? I bought a Stanley No. 299 to go with it's big brother the No. 199. I'm a sucker for a good fixed blade utility knife or maybe it's the fleur-de-lis and checkered handles.
sigh...
UA100