**** FS Shopsmith Mark V model 510 North Central Florida

Dear Wood Workers

I'm contemplating selling a Shopsmith Mark V, model 510, on ebay. I would prefer to sell it to a person in the Gainesville Florida area or surrounding area. I have several accessories for the main unit. I figure the entire bunch of stuff would retail for about $8,000. And I realize that I haven't listed the accessories, mainly because, I just don't want to go out to my shed and do another inventory. But I would be willing to entertain non-collect calls or emails from interested parties.

I bought the whole setup when my health was a lot better. So, if there are woodworkers in my area that might be interested, I think I could make someone a very sweet deal. But if you think I'm going to give it away for a dime on the dollar, please save your time and mine. Also, I will ask that you make an appointment to view the machine, due to my need to have taken my proper medications, in order to be amenable to visitors. I positively will not entertain visitors who can't give me at least 3 hours notice of their arrival. Even if you figure out where I live, without my directions or if you decide to arrive at a time much different than we might agree on, just because you happen to be in my area. Just so you understand a little bit about my health, here are some details. I suffer from major depression, and more recently, my left leg was amputated above the knee and also, I'm in constant neuropathy pain. So, the levels of my medications need to be carefully considered before I can be a 'normal' person.

If I don't answer the phone when you call, I suggest that you try again in about 30 or 60 minutes. If I am up and about and available, I normally can answer the phone in less than 4 rings. Please don't let it ring and ring and ring.

Danny Oakes (10 miles SW of downtown Gainesville) Gainesville FL phone: 1 (352) 495-3371 email: snipped-for-privacy@atlantic.net

Reply to
Danny Oakes

How refreshing; someone on usenet admitting they are on meds.

Seriously (and that was a joke), I sympathize greatly with your plight. The physical circumstances alone are unfortunate, but to have to give up woodworking on top of it is dreadful.

I want to wish you good luck in your rehabilitation.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod