FS : Ridgid 13" Thickness Planer TP1300

For Sale Ridgid 13" Thickness Planer TP1300 w/ stand. Less than a year old. These are selling new for $359.00
$275.00
Raleigh NC area. (Fuquay Varina)
Thanks Rob
You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
remove _ to get the correct address
What's wrong with it? I just got one for Christmas.

Nothing - upgrading to a 20"

I have one of those. As far as I've found on mine nothing is wrong with it. The only problem with the year old ones is finding blades. They sell out as soon as they come in. Was told by a saleguy that the new version has a stronger motor in it.
-- Stephen
Remove "not" from the address
The Woodshop
http://thewoodshop.srfiii.com
I do have 2 extra sets of blades for it. (4 blades total)

it.
as
I don't know if you mean "what's wrong with it" in general, or if you're concerned with the specific one Rob is selling. But if you're asking about the planer in general, I can happily say "absolutely nothing." Santa brought me one, too. They guy at the BORG where I bought it told me for his money it was hands down the best choice. The setup was SUPER-easy--no adjustments required, blade already installed, etc. One small piece of advice--if you try to take more than about a 1/16th off, you may tend to get tearout. Other than that...it's really great.
Jim

"PC Gameplayer" wrote in message

Ditto ... had one for a couple of years and, while it doesn't compare to that old standalone 20" back in wood shop, it does a good job for the price, especially when you learn its tricks.
Mine handles 3/4 - 5/4 stock just fine, any thicker and it's time to get out the extension jig, as all the adjusting and head locks in the world won't stop the tendency to snipe on thick stock. However, $5 worth of mdf and a hardwood cleat solve the problem by making the table longer.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04