FS lathe + many accessories

Located near Calamus, Iowa (just off of Highway 30)

My father-in-law always enjoyed turning something everytime he came to my house. So one year Santa brought him a complete tunring workshop :) About 3 months later he came down with cancer - very bad cancer and only made it about 6 months after that. Well the lathe has sat in the shop for 2 years now and only run when I would come and visit. It is time to pass this on.

Jet 1236 lathe - about 6 years old - runs great - variable speed - this was my lathe first, then went to my FIL and I got a Nova. All parts are there. Lathe is currently bolted to a 4" riser.

at least a dozen turning tools including Sorby/Taylor bowl gouges (2) and a Sorby 1" flat nose scraper and a large Taylor butterknife scraper. (I believe there are 5 Sorby/Taylor tools that I bought from Woodcraft/Highland Hardware = $40 to $50 each when new - the rest are low end tools = set of 8 for $50)

Supernova chuck w/ threaded insert for jet lathe. 2 sets of jaws included - original box still there and the wrench. I don't remeber if the wood screw is there.

2 or 3 chucks, including one that is a dowel chuck for holding 3/8" dowel - for making winestoppers, the other is a regular drill press type chuck.

2 or 3 faceplates of various sizes, I think there are 2 toolrests as well (3" and 6", not sure if there is a 3rd)

delta 6" grinding wheel with one 120 grit wheel from Highland Hardware with a wolverine grinding jig attached to it. Bench grinder was new when I gave it to him.

wood - oh boy is there ever some wood here. 100+ wine stopper blanks, big cherry bowl blanks, several pieces of exotics for center and bowl work such as bubinga, rosewood, cocobolo, palm. Whatever is there, goes with the lathe! Bring box to put it all in. Some wine stopper corks also there.

Face shield - nothing fancy here, just something to keep the chips out of your face

Finishing supplies - don't remember what is left.

Last I saw the lathe was in November and I took mental inventory of it. I'll get my eyes on it again tomorrow. I'll be in town all week so can sell it at almost any time. I'm sure I have left some things off, but image everything that goes with a lathe and it is there. Lathe rails have some rust on them, I'll try to hit them w/ some steel wool and wax and see how rough it is.

I spent over $1100 getting all of this for him and I would like to get $700 for all of it.

I'm away from my computer for most of this week, so I won't be able to track the thread very easily. Please e-mail me if interested. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike S

A little more info please. Live in Forest City, not too far away.

Reply to
fordguy

more info....

no rust on the lathe, only a few spots on part of the wolverine grinding jig. A combination of paste wax and dust made it look like it was rusty. A quick pass with some 0000 wool with paste wax and it looks great. Runs great.

items that are there..... short and long tool rest

5 good tools (2 bowl, 1 roughing, 2 scrapers) drive center 2 calipers 1 chuck and 1 dowel chuck wrench for supernova 3" faceplate and two 6" faceplates hut wax - brown and white carnuba wax wood... bowl blanks... cedar zebra bubinga lace rosewood lots of cherry and spalted maple wood for Spindle work... zebra cocobolo kingwood brazilian rosewood snakewood (small piece) lots of wine stopper blanks
Reply to
Mike S