FS: Heavy Duty Delta DJ-20 8" Jointer

Brand new with very little use. Comes with mag switch and rolling base. Hamilton/Toronto area.
$2,200.00 OBO
Hello there,

Considering that I have seen them for $1500 NIB at wood shows, your price seems a little high.
Thanks,
David.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:02:06 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

Dude,     He's in Canada. While he's still close to "show" price, if there's no show around, it's not that bad of a deal.
Barry
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:40:45 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Dude, David's in Canada (and only 30 or 40 miles from Hamilton). He's also in the biz. I think he knows how to convert.
Best price on Toolseekers.com (not necessarily the best one could do) for a new DJ-20 is $1249 USD. That's $1649 Canadian (as of 22 Oct).
Makes $2200 seem really steep, regardless of which currency it is. If that's Canadian, it's $1670 USD. Yikes! If it's USD, double yikes!!
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
snipped-for-privacy@removethispartpobox.com (LRod) writes:

Note that there seem to be two DJ-20; the original (currently about $1300 at amazon.com) and the X5 DJ-20 (currently ~ $1600 at amazon).
No, I don't know the difference, but would like to, as I am in the market for a 8" jointer (right now either the DJ20 or the Jet 8").
scott
My apologies for not specifying currency. Prices are in CDN funds. I have not been to a "wood show" in some time and I don't recall that being criteria for pricing items but if this is the case, again I apologize. If I may, can I ask if the price of $1500 NIB is CDN? And does that price include mag switch and rolling base? I only ask since the switch and base were options I purchased above and beyond the actual DJ-20 price, almost $300 at the time. I would consider any fair price if there is anyone out there that is actually "interested" in buying a DJ-20. Other than that thank-you all for your insight and helpfulness in this matter.

Hello there,

include
at
that
Yes, as low as $1450 CDN at the Woodstock woodshow a few weeks ago. The new X5 series DJ-20 is around $1750 CDN with a free router or mobile base. Delta usually only carries the 37-350-671 here in Canada, (-671 meaning mag starter), the -670 manual starter version is uncommon as is the -672 24v LVC version. In Ontario, from Aug-Mar, there is a wood show within a few hours drive almost every month. X5 DJ-20's sell for less than dealers used to *buy* regular DJ-20's for. With King importing a very similar machine, Delta is out to make a point, telling King to stay away from it's machines and Delta dropped the price big time.
Two years ago, we used to sell them for $2399 CDN, that price point is long gone.
Really, I am not trying to give you a hard time. If you can sell it for that price more power to you. I was just alerting you to the fact that the price has plummeted in the last year or two on DJ-20's and you are not likely to get any takers at that asking price.
Thanks,
David - Who is sales manager for one of Canada's largest tool stores.
Thank-you for the heads up on the price drops. They are quite substantial, I am disappointed in Delta for doing that. Can you give me an idea what an Anniversary Edition (white) 10" Cabinet saw with Biesemeyer fence and mobile base might be worth (very little use - not a scratch on it)?

have
If
all
new
Delta
LVC
Delta
long
that
price
Hello again,

mobile
Delta just wrapped up one promotion on the Unisaw and is now into the X5 Uni's. With mobile base, you can buy what you have for about $2300 CDN. You are local to Ashmans and Tegs, give them a call and see what they will sell you an X5 Uni for.
Markham Industrial and TVJ were selling Uni's without fences last year for $1500.
May I ask why you are selling your equipment? Both the Uni and DJ-20 are excellent tools.
Thanks,
David.
Thanks for the help. I actually bought my stuff from Tegs so I will give them a call today.

You
sell
They are excellent indeed. I even had a problem talking my sales into selling them to me. I went through a divorce (enough said) and don't have a shop anymore. All this stuff sitting in storage is doing nobody any good. Also have Delta Anniversary bandsaw (never used), sanding station, mortiser, etc, etc...