FS: Fine Woodworking Magazines

I have 8 old issues of Fine Woodworking Magazine for sale:
issues: 4 (Fall 1976)     5 (Winter 1976)     6 (Spring 1977)     7 (Summer 1977)     8 (Fall 1977)     9 (Winter 1977)     10 (Spring 1978)     18 Sept/Oct 1979)
All are in good shape, not perfect however. No tears, rips etc . . . All pages present. There is some mild discoloration due to age.
Asking $75 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.
Rick http://thunderworksinc.com
talk about a ream job...$75.00 ??? you must be nuts

That's too much for 8 magazines. Especially since the information contained in them has very possibly been repackaged in one of their books.

For twice that price, you get all their issues on CD.
Mike
In article

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the CD is "select" articles, not the entire collection.
Actually, I don't think the price is out of line... $70 (subtract maybe $5 for shipping since it's included) breaks down to $8.75 ea. The mags listed are some of the earliest and fairly scarce. If anything, I think Rick may be able to get more on eBay.
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Ruby's Books on Chambers St in New York City sells back issues for $3.60 - $4.20

Do you know for a fact that Rudy sells the early issues (1970's) in that range?
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Owen,
I picked up a number (about 15) of the early FWW issues at a local used book store (I have a standing note with them to call me if they get any WW mags in) about 2 years back.
I paid about $4 - $5 Canadian each at the time.
Not criticizing the OP for his asking price in any way. Whatever the market will bear...
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
what a bunch of gullible people

Wow! That's expensive! $30-40 is about right.
Greetings,
The next person to complain about the price should have quotes and dates from ebay to back up their complaints.
Sincerely, Bill Thomas
These are completed items. http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&rfisactive=1&re gion=0&maxrecordsperpageP&from=R14&query=%22fine+woodworking%22+1977&ht=1& completedonly=1

Just because its on ebay doesnt make the price reasonable. There are alot of gullible suckers on ebay too.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:28:45 GMT, "Leslie Gossett"

Not in my book. As far as I'm concerned eBay _is_ the fair market value. Just because _you_ wouldn't pay the same price has no bearing on what an item is worth.
I learned that fair market value is what an arm's length able buyer will pay a willing seller for a given item.
What would be your definition of fair market value?
Barry
A used magazine isnt worth toilet paper, its too slick.