FS: Craftsman/King Sealy 6" Jointer

Vintage unknown but certainly pre-1970.It's a good user but not restorable to mint unless you like filling metal. (send for pix of chipped throat) 1 hp 1ph, 36" long, runs fine, knives don't need sharpening. Complete with original fugly stand, casters, uglier but effective homade dust collection box with 4" port. Yours for $100 OBO. Shipping is free because you'll come and get it in the Milwaukee/Chicago area. Email for pix.
--
Bob Schmall
Not one shred of evidence exists that life is serious.

I love it when people know how to write good copy.
Was the DC box made by ho's?
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

I actually spent 15 years in advertising, and if I hadn't seen the light I'd be dead or insane now. Now I write copy for real people and have never had a complaint about overdescribing the item. 8>) I carry a 5-star rating on the astronomy exchange, which is VERY tightly monitored. The box was in fact made by hos.
Bob

I was serious about the good copy, in case there was any question.
I used the apostrophe in "ho's" on purpose because "hos" looks like it ought to be pronounced "hoss" even though there's no second "s". It was a Hobson's choice.
Unfortunately, overdescribing a joke is never successful.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

1. I figured it was a joke, but after rethinking the copy I decided that you were right. Here's the new copy: "For Sale: Just one lucky buyer will take home this minty classic jointer by Craftsman, the greatest name in woodworking. Featuring a powerful 1 hp single-phase motor and three-knife cutterhead, this meaty hunk of cast-iron is designed to handle anything you can throw at it. Like a rock. The tables are a generous 36" long and in near perfect condition, but with that that special patina that only a classic deserves. The fence is conveniently mounted at the input end of it's gleaming tables. Its complete with it's factory-original stand and easily rolled on large casters. This is a jointer you'll be proud to use for years to come. If you act fast enough, this King-Sealy creation can be yours for just one low payment of $99.99."
2. Hobson was right. "Hoes" would be another option, with it's own baggage.
Bob Its a wonderful life.

Indeed.
Sorry, but, I liked the original copy. The "fugly" cracked me up, partly because there will be people that see it as a typo and gloss over the contraction. "Not resotrable...unless you like filing metal.' I liked the "free delivery" statement, too.
Don't change it.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

As if....
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

*sigh*
this'll teach me to keep up to date with the NG. . . the wife and i were back home in sheboygan for "christmas" the weekend of the 10th... could have at least driven down an took a gander...
oh well
Traves
Traves: Server keeps bouncing my return email. Please contact me directly.
Bob