FS: Baldor High-Efficiency 30-HP Electric Motor

If you email a response, you must address it to funkychateau at yahoo dot com. "Reply to" is a spam-blocker. Also, please note that this motor is located in Dallas, and I will not be able to crate/ship it. Bring a pickup truck and I will load it in with my shop crane.
Baldor 30-horsepower "Super-E" series electric motor. 3550 RPM, 30 HP, NEMA nominal efficiency 93%. Configurable for either 230 or 460 volts, 3-phase power. Could be the basis for a very nice single- to three-phase rotary converter for a large shop. Weighs about 400 lbs (a guess, I can't lift it). Picture links below:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm =...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm =...
Price: $200 or trade - I collect pool cues, guns, and other stuff that is smaller and more easily moved than this motor!
tha link to pictures is invalid.

Ignoramus25821 wrote:

Sorry about that, looks like it got cut off in pasting. Try these:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm 79scd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd &. snipped-for-privacy@bbscd.jpg&.src=ph
Martin
That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would have some interest in this motor.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm 79scd.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkychateau/detail?.dir=/f611scd &. snipped-for-privacy@bbscd.jpg&.src=ph

On Mon, 08 May 2006 22:32:28 GMT, Ignoramus25821

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping might not be too bad common carrier.
--
Cliff

Probly easier to search Ebay..."xxx mileage from xxx zip code", under the "advanced search" function...
Fairly productive likely being to search "title and description" using the terms < "Electric motor" *phase > ( or similar).
--
SVL

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor. I checked what I could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular shipper gets charged. Regular price was $260.

Shipping is of such nature that prices vary wildly.
Some of the things that I shipped, with costs:
- 500 lbs hydraulic lift from IL to TX, with pickup from my house, $250 - 500 lbs three DC power supplies on pallet, IL to east coast, $167 with delivery to local dock - 200 lbs one DC power supply, $87
I am not a shipping wizard, I simply use Freightquote. They are very good.

True, but the asking price of the motor is about 1/10th the value of it. If I had need for it, I'd gladly pay shipping considering the landed price.

Consider the value.

?? Via common carrier?

For what class of material? New motors vs scrap Iron on a slow skid might be different tariffs. Nor would it seem to be time-critical.
--
Cliff

In the pix it looks like a small cord is tied around the lifting eye. Is that for starting it on single-phase current??
Bob Swinney

Hehe
--
Anthony

You may wish to mention the frame and other data from the plate.
--
Cliff

Cliff wrote:

Thanks, I attached a picture of the plate.
Martin

List price is over $2000. Weight is about 330 to 380.
Martin wrote: Also, please note that this

Martin, You mike give craigslist a try:
http://dallas.craigslist.org /
Best, Steve
--