FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see.

Page 1 of 3
30%0 Off planes of all sorts. New marking knives and hammers are now available.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/newknives.jpg
made by CHESTER TOOLWORKS LLC and they are made from precision ground 3/32" thick O1 tool steel and are 5/16" wide. Snakewood, East Indian Rosewood, Brazilian Tulipwood, or Gabon Ebony. 44.00 for the snakewood and shipping 39.00 and shipping for the other woods. New plane adjusting hammer
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/newhammer.jpg
CTW hammers are designed specifically for adjusting the blades and wedges of wooden hand planes and infill hand planes. The polished brass and Lignum Vitae head is weighted toward the brass striking end and is designed so that it won't mar or mushroom the blade like steel hammers. The Lignum end is of a smaller diameter and is used to tap the toe or heel of the plane without leaving dent marks. It should also be the end used for tapping wedges tight since it won't damage the heel of the wedge. Handles are individually shaped from Quartersawn White Ash with the grain oriented to prevent the runout which weakens many other hammer handles. 45.00 plus shipping. New plane idea's
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/jointerinlaypurpleheart.jpg
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/coffinsmootherinlaybubinga.jpg
I also have new tools almost ready for beta testing email me if interested. A plow plane a side rabbet plane based on a nice old design and a set of T&G planes.
Knight Toolworks in conjunction with Harrolson at www.japanesetools.com have had these custom made Japanese irons made for western planes. These are the first and only hand forged/laminated Japanese irons that will fit a regular wedged plane. They are 2" wide and 5.25" long and are a bit over " thick. They will drop into any knight Toolworks plane that uses a 2" iron with just a little mouth and wedge adjustment. They are made from blue steel (holds and edge longer then pretty much any tool steel on the market) and wrought iron. I believe these to be the best irons out there over O-1 and A-2 irons. They will hold an edge longer then A-2 they will get sharper they will leave a deeper/cleaner surface and they make the plane easier to use. They will really help with tearout too. They are hand stamped with Shizu Tani (tranquil valley) Shipping is 5.00 including insurance.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/jironcoffin.jpg
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/japaneseupgradeirons.jpg
All planes now have finger grips and brass set screws to adjust the fit of the iron. Rock maple Purpleheart Cocobolo at an extra cost is also available. Padouk Please check my page for all my planes www.knight-toolworks.com
I also have razee jointers and jack planes and scrubs. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/wooden.htm I have great looking/feeling coffin smoothers
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/coffin.jpg
All planes now have setscrews to center the irons in the body and make adjusting the iron easy.
All planes are sanded/planed and finished with a special oil and wax finish.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
First thing I am not new here. Second thing it is one thing if some one else referred his site than if he did. If he needs to advertise he should set up a mailing list in which the recipient gives him his permission to be on it. He could very easily do this by setting up a link on his site. It should not mater if someone is a "member" of a group in order to advertise on it. It is bad edict. This is a forum for questions and answers and an exchange of ideas not to self promote your products. Should everyone or every business start doing it? How would you like that if the borg started advertising there sales here? To me there is no difference ok.

Please re read my last post and try and understand my point. I asked " How would you like that if the Borg started advertising there sales here?" not that they were going to so there is no rambling at all. I stated that to me there is no difference between the two forms of advertisement. Self promoting is still self promoting no mater who dose it. And that it is bad edict. What part did you not understand? Let me know so I can be perfectly clear.
Chris

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "bad edict"
Hint: (from Webster) Main Entry: edict Pronunciation: 'E-"dikt Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Latin edictum, from neuter of edictus, past participle of edicere to decree, from e- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION 1 : a proclamation having the force of law 2 : ORDER, COMMAND <we held firm to Grandmother's edict -- M. F. K. Fisher>
No, I don't normally make grammatical correction postings, but in this case this is about the fifth time you have used that phrase in this context.
Regardless of the above nitpick, it's pretty clear to everyone involved that you don't think commercial postings of any sort should be made in rec.ww. Precedent and past practice have been contrary to your opinion as I indicated in a previous response.

Chris Melanson responds:

But to me, there is a difference. And you are not a net cop who has a right to tell me what I should think. Simply bypass the FS headers and you'll have a lot less weight on your shoulders and I'll bet the world doesn't even notice that your help has been subtracted.
Charlie Self "Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

Why bring it up then, Chris?

There is a great deal of difference between "Hi, you don't know me, buy my crap", and a regular, helpful individual telling a group he actively helps that a product they're interested in is available.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The thing that's unclear, is your understanding of this group's tolerance for this type of post, I think. I'll make it simple:
For sale ad from non-contributor: unwelcome For sale ad from participating, helpful, knowledgeable member of group: OK
Better now? Dave Hinz
Dave Hinz wrote: <<SNIP>>

Inconceiveable!
<<SNIP>>

Damnit, Mike, you beat me to the punch!.
todd
LOLOLOL!!! Princess Bride is one of my favorite films! Good one.... :-)
Layne
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:04:24 -0400, Mike Patterson

Not to mention 'unbearable', and 'insurmountable'.
Robert Bonomi notes:

Or, as something I just read, stated: It is not relative to the discussion.
Charlie Self "Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

http://www.m-w.com /
Main Entry: edict Pronunciation: 'E-"dikt Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Latin edictum, from neuter of edictus, past participle of edicere to decree, from e- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION 1 : a proclamation having the force of law 2 : ORDER, COMMAND <we held firm to Grandmother's edict -- M. F. K. Fisher> - edictal /i-'dik-t&l/ adjective
Alex P.S. we need to get a rope for Chris pretty soon... can anyone make hangman's noose here?
Main Entry: noose Pronunciation: 'ns, British also 'nz Function: noun Etymology: Middle English nose, perhaps of Provenal origin; akin to Provenal nous knot, from Latin nodus -- more at NODE 1 : a loop with a running knot that binds closer the more it is drawn 2 : something that snares like a noose

It's spam. I personally don't care, but it is spam. Why don't you give the guy a break. Lord knows you of all people should be a little compassionate.

What's the accepted helpful post to spam ratio by which we should rate people?

No points - already been brought up.

Spam.
Spam.
Are you? The rules are there are no rules. Maybe we should all shun him now?
JP ************* Add me to the list.
Jay Pique wrote:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
See, for example <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/spam-faq/ , <http://www.cypango.net/spam/others/thresholds.html , <ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1 .
The commercial content is not the defining feature of spam. It is the excessive replication.

Why don't you do some research and find out the threshold.

You seem to have a penchant for using words that do not mean what you think they mean.

If posted once and on topic, not spam. Offensive and unwelcome, but not spam.

If on topic not spam. Possibly offensive if repeated to excess, but not spam.

Well, since there is no mechanism of enforcement you are right, there are no rules. Welcome to USENET.

--
--John
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:24:00 -0400, "J. Clarke"

You're using the wrong sources - use mine - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spam

Excuse me? Go have a beer or something.

Moi? What word other than "spam" are you talking about? Go argue semantics with someone else there champ. Nice use of "penchant" though.

To whom? What are you arguing? I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, and I wasn't condemning Steve for posting about his planes.

Been here, done that. Why don't you give me your usenet pedigree now and we can all be impressed.
JP
wrote about Steve Knight's post:

no, it isnt.
http://www.netlingo.com/lookup.cfm?term=spam
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:43:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Gotcha.
JP

Me of all people? Where are you going with _that_, Jay? Might this have something to do with the email filtering service that I subscribe to?

Apparently, Mr. Knight's ratio is beyond that, by the looks of the group. Someone's analysis showed his ratio is 50:1 or 500:1 or something. Not a lot of people are 50 parts signal to 1 part noise.

It's a humerous reference to a line used in a movie, inserted to keep things to get too heavy.

Right.

Apparently your personal opinion is counter to the group concensus here.

Which "him"? You can killfile anyone you want, that's the beauty of a well-written newsreading app.
By the way, have you read the rec.woodworking charter, specifically how advertisements are handled in that document?
Dave Hinz

No - has nothing to do with spamcop. I just figured since you catch a lot of heat here that you might not feel the need to pile on others.

You've got an interesting sense of balance.
JP