From another ng

It's not the teachers I was referring to, it was the top heavy administration. One of my edicts, were I to rule, would be that NO politician can make more than a classroom teacher.

Reply to
Swingman

Thereby absolutely guaranteeing even a poorer pool of candidates to choose from...

Not that I think teachers in general are poorly paid in comparison to some other professions and that there are often more administrative staff than necessary, but there are some reasons such situations have developed. Charlie referred to one part of the story (but only a part)....

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Teachers, or politicians?

Average Senate salary: $98,542; Average HR salary: $87,894; Average Mayoral Salary in the 50 largest cities: $100,000; Average US Teachers salary: $45,822.

Go ahead .. take a loooong look around you, then expound/pontificate on who is more important to the future of this country/where fiscal priorities should be ... I am going to cut some wood.

Reply to
Swingman

"You have to go out. You don't have to come back."

It is nice that _someone_ was on the ball in that charlie foxtrot.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

The CG is the best. Sad that they get so little credit for what they do. I know they're not looking for publicity, but they deserve more than they get.

Web Site:

David Starr

Unabashedly, my new hero on the national scene ... Lt. Gen. Russell Honore ... if he, along with Vice Adm. Thad Allen, doesn't inspire the confidence, and the requisite leadership, embodied in the sentiment above, you're in the wrong damn country.

Reply to
Swingman