Frist time doing inlay

My son is in Cub Scouts and is getting a "Arrow of Light" award. Several of the parents are giving their son arrows, which got me to thinking on a way to display it. This is what I came up with http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/i82much55 / I spent about 20 -30 hours on the template, then made templates for the plugs, so I could use a flush trim bit. I first had to do the "rays and feathers, which I ran wild, then routed out the arch, which I ran wild also. I then routed out for the shaft. Iused an x-acto knife to square up the corners. I used African Mahogany for the backgroud, yellowheart fo the inlay, and purpleheart for the border. I was trying to match the colors of the actual badge as close as possible I must have 6-8 hours in the inlay part, not couting the time waiting for the glue to dry
In article <45226145-8fb6-4c75-b1e6-

Beautiful job.
S.

Looks great! How did you finish the purple heart? I am having a devil of a time with it.
Gary

I just used some polyurethane.3 coats Guess it was my lucky day