FREUD TABLE SAW ALIGNMENT DISK

I've been looking for a way to align my tablesaw, miter gauge and fence. Has anyone had any experience with Freud's CD010 10" Calibration and Sanding Disk. I am not interested in using it as a sanding disk - but as an alignment tool. I would mount it in place of the blade and with the use of dial indicators align the setup. What do you think?? Is there a better way??? Thanks in advance for your help. It's appreciated Joe jeshjr@comcast 5/1/2004 12:26
: I've been looking for a way to align my tablesaw, miter gauge and fence. : Has anyone had any experience with Freud's CD010 10" Calibration and : Sanding Disk. I am not interested in using it as a sanding disk - but as : an alignment tool. I would mount it in place of the blade and with the : use of dial indicators align the setup. What do you think?? Is there a : better way???
Why bother with the disk? Why not just use the actual blade you'll be running on the saw.
Mark a point on the saw. Calibrate the dial indicator to zero against that point. Then rotate the blade so the point is on the outfeed side, and measure again. Then adjust the top so you get equal measurements in each position.
    -- Andy Barss

Snip
Is there a > better way???
Use your blade.

If you just use your regular sawblade with a marked tooth, you will be spared the inconvenience of swapping the blade & disk.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland