Freud SD208 8". . .

Page 2 of 2
Thanks, I did not think of Teflon. I plan on purchasing the SD208 based on the consensus here. I think I have a more realistic view of the set now. It should be a big improvement over the inexpensive HF set I now use, tho mostly for hogging out half laps. If I see a significant improvement over the two, I will try the tape on the HF and maybe post pics. . .ought to be interesting. Thanks and thanks to all who replied! -- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -
Use Teflon tape. It is very thin, compresses nicely and has no adhesive to clean off. I use it sometimes to press things together that are not quite a press fit. max

I have been considering the Avenger 8 inch as well as the Freud 208 set. Based on the test reviews and the discussion here I think I am going to go with the Avenger. I talked with the manufacturer, and they use C4 carbide and come with the small chipper and a wooden box. max

well the price certainly is right. . .I found this review. . . http://www.just4fun.org/woodworking/tool_reviews/avenger_dado_blade /
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -