Freud router bit set

Well, it still since May 19 that I haven't received the Freud router bit set (Amazon.com still haven't shipped it yet!).
The one I ordered was Freud # 97-108 (which is 99-260 and 99-569). This is a normal sized raised panel set. I am also looking for a smaller set of the same style. I don't know if that's called "smaller profile", but what I mean smaller is for like 5" door. Still want it to be for 3/4" thick.
Similar to CMT # 800.524.11 - LONNIE BIRD'S SMALL ARCH DOOR SET. But it's for 1/2" thick.
What can I do? If you know a smaller set (Freud) or if you have other ideas, please let me know. Thank you.
Chuck
CNT wrote:

Find another distributor if you need it now--I've had some Freud products from Amazon that have been on order since last September--"Houston, I think there's a problem..." :(
I don't have a real suggestion other than try the Freud site directly and see if it will lead you to other distributors to see if they have them in stock...
A woman walks into a butcher shop and asks: "How much per pound are your pork chops?" Butcher: "2.99 per pound" Woman: "That's expensive. The butcher shop down the street only charges $ 1.99 per pound." Butcher: "Well then.. go buy your chops there!" Woman: "He's out of stock right now.." Butcher: " When I don't have any, I sell them for only 25 cents per pound."
(loses a bit in translation)
Robatoy wrote:

:)
Yeah, quite apropos--see my other followup in the thread--these knives are listed at something like 30% less than anywhere else I've found and they accept the order for them at the price. Then, something like 3 weeks later, the "Sorry, you're order is delayed" e-mails start. Have to reconfirm that want order. Get new promised ship date of approximately two weeks. Two weeks later, repeat. Ad infinitum, since last September, so far...
I complained to Amazon and got promised free overnight delivery to make up for it. Guess they can make that offer at no cost, too... :(
I ordered them as a backup set for when need to send the existing carbide knives for resharpening so don't need them for awhile so I decided just to see if I could wait 'em out...
It's so long now I'm beginning to think there's something more than just a backorder problem here, though...don't see why it would be a deliberate ploy as they've not tried a switch or ever changed pricing, but makes no sense.
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Tis a way of life with Amazon.com on some items. I ran into the same thing this past winter with a set of wheels - stupid $9.00 or so item for my CSMS stand that I'd bought from them. The stand itself and one accessory item were delivered almost before I could shut down the computer but the damn wheel set took months. I didn't need them right away so I too waited them out.
Don't know what the answer is... hell, I don't even know what the problem might be. Guess it's a variation on Quick, Good and Cheap. Pick two 'cause that's all you get!<g>

This is not good news, I'm waiting on a set from them as well, the glass panel door set. I think I'm going to explore other options as well.....
JC
Of course, it's not good. But, they have the cheapest price that I found from looking around (and they include free shipping too, at least when I ordered it). I'll wait a bit longer (I am busy, plus still recovering a little from the car accident), then I'll look else where.
I called Freud directly (2 times) and they said they have plenty of that stock # (97-108) in stock. I don't know who's Amazon.com supplier, if not direct from Freud. Freud won't sell directly to customers.
Chuck

CNT wrote:

I don't know either, but they are terrible for anything other than the most common---I've come to the conclusion the cheap prices are a come-on that are <never> going to be fulfilled at the listed price....as noted, I've had a set of planer knives on order since last September... :(

Sometimes the best price is not the best value. Places like Routerbits.com or Infinity Tools ship the same or next day.
RE: Subject
I'd cancel the order and try to get the same price on CMT.
Lew
You mean this one:
http://tinyurl.com/ahkx5
You might want to consider another source.
CNT wrote:

I agree - find another source. I just cancelled an Amazon order for a few corner clamps that I ordered almost a month ago, and when I finally started bugging them about it, they promised me they'd get to me by July 6. From a May 28 order! I've had this problem before, and I'm going to start ordering from other places. Even if I have to pay a few bucks for shipping or (in a pinch) markups at the Borg, it's worth it to receive the item promptly. I don't know what Amazon's problem is; maybe they're just too big and orders get lost, suppliers get forgotten, something. I really don't understand how they can deliver books/cds/dvds within just a few days, and it can take more than a month for a tool that's supposedly in stock. Oh, well, I'd rather support a small company anyway. There are so many good woodworking catalogs/websites out there, and since I've had very good experiences with several of them (LV, CoastalTool, Rockler, Highland Hardware, MLCS, etc.), I'll continue giving them my business. Fortunately, if your Amazon order hasn't shipped yet, it's easy to cancel (IME). Andy
A SIDE OF DELAYS WITH ORDERS, I like to talk about the smaller set of Freud raised panel router bit set...

My local sharpening service fellow has Whiteside sets, intelligent folks who work for him, and enough time to answer my questions. I buy my high end sets from him, because he takes care of me (serious hobbyist). And most of the pro shops, too. (Bay Area Carbide, Concord, CA) Prices are more than fair.
Maybe you have one in your area?
Patriarch