Freud LU84M on a table saw

Friends,
I have a wonderful blade that I used to have on my miter saw, back when I had a miter saw. The surface is hard to read but I believe it says LU84M. I seem to remember when I bought it maybe 18-20 years ago that it claimed to be designed for miter saws. Something about the rake angle if my very vague memory is correct.
The other day I had to do a lot of cross-cutting using a sled on my table saw, and just for the fun of it, I put this blade on. Boy doe this thing cut well. The end grain surfaces fairly gleam and not a splinter in sight.
So it seems I must be doing something right.
My questions are:
Is my memory correct about this blade being specifically designed for a miter saw?
Am I doing anything illegal, immoral, unsafe or fattening by using this blade on a table saw? The cuts sure look nice!
Larry
Larry Spitz wrote:

http://store.yahoo.com/freud-tools/freudlu8inco.html Joe
larry. How many teeth? 50 teeth is a combination blade.....80 teeth is a cross cut miter blade? I sold Freud blades for years, with the teeth count I can tell you the model number.
Mike
mike wrote:

lettering which is now mostly rubbed off.
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:44:14 +1300, Larry Spitz

It probably said "Ultimate Cut Off Blade" or "Ultimate Chop Saw Blade". I've had a couple of those and they really do a nice job in a chop saw. I can't imagine that they wouldn't also do a nice job in a table saw, although I don't think it'd rip well.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Sounds like it's an LU85 or LU98 with the black body description. What is the tooth grind configuration - triple chip; hi-alternating top bevel; alternating top bevel? Also, is it a regular 1/8" kerf or just slightly under?
It's not an LU84. Could be an LU85, LU74, LU94 or LU98.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Larry Spitz wrote:

I've been using one on my table saw for many years - a standard "combination" blade - ATBR IIRC.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:59:09 -0800, Larry Blanchard

Me too. Had it on my old Craftsman 20 years ago. Bought a Unisaw and put it on that before selling the Craftsman with the Delta-supplied blade on it.
Wes Stewart wrote:

is hard to read but it might say LU85M.