Freud Diablo 8" Stacked Dado: A+

I recently picked up an 8" stacked dado set from Freud... the Diablo DD208. I was told by a tech service guy at Freud that this is the same exact set as the Freud SD208, except for cosmetics and the Diablo "perma-shield" non-stick coating.

I'm very pleased with the results and quality of this set... especially for 100 bucks. The cuts are effortless and very smooth. The blades, including the chippers are very heavy and the teeth are massive. The storage container is a great design and protects all the teeth.

The bottoms of the cuts are "perfectly flat" with the exception of those tiny little "batman ears" on the sides, from the scoring tips on the outside blades. From what I've read, these batman ears are normal, and at this point, they are not the slightest concern for me, since they are so tiny. After assembly and glue-up, I couldn't even see them.

Do the real expensive dado sets have these or are their corners perfect right angles? I read that even the Forrest sets have them, but would like to hear from those who own the more expensive sets.

Reply to
-MIKE-