Freud Dado Set

What are the advantages of the sled with the dado? I have only used a sled for crosscutting so far.

Gerry

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

Seems to me that is a very big YOU SUCK. I think I paid around $170 on Amazon back in 2002. Why/how did the price come down that far that fast, especially given the fact they are made in Italy and the dollar is in the toilet??

Reply to
DIYGUY

You might be comparing apples and oranges. Freud makes a number of different dado sets.

Nova

Guess you've never seen the chip free dados made with an SD-508. There is NO need to use another blade for the "money cuts". There's literally ZERO chip out even in Melamine with a 508. 'Course that puppy is about $190...

Dave

Chuck Hoffman wrote:

Reply to
David

DIYGUY wrote in news:PCTOd.4118$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

Amazon had some serious seasonal pricing anomalies. Some of the erroneous pricing made it through to the customer(s). Not everyone got their 'confirmed' orders.

A rift in the space-time continuum...

Reply to
Patriarch

It's amazingly apparent when you're dadoing a 5-6 foot plywood or MDF shelf side!

The work doesn't drag on the table, the whole shebang can be counterbalanced for ease of movement, and stops can be easily installed for duplication.

See here:

Scroll down to the sled with a paint can on it. The larger the part, the more help the sled is.

Have fun, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I paid $149 for a Forrest Dado King.