Freud circular saw blades at Lowes

Lowes has a 2 pack set of Freud blades for $20.00, one being a 40 tooth thin kerf finishing blade. Are these Freud's a good blade? Also still can't make up my mind on a new circular saw. Got the choices down to the PC for $119. or the Hitachi for $85.00. Really looked at the left blade PC the last time in and Don't like where the dust port is, seems to make it awkward , for me, to hold. Right in the way of my left hand holding onto the front knob. Is the PC worth the extra $35.00 over the Hitachi? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

If you're referring to the red or gold colored Freud Diablo blades, I really like them. They cut very well and are cheap enough that I discard them instead of having them resharpened.

As for the saws you listed, neither has an electric brake. So I wouldn't buy either. But that's just me. Both companies make slightly more expensive models with electric brakes, but Lowes doesn't sell them.

Reply to
AL

The standard seems to be the Makita 5007 (NB?). I had one and HIGHLY rate it over the top-of-the-line DeWalt which I now have and wish I had my Makita back.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

"Paul" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews3.newsguy.com:

I've been using the PC 743-K left blade saw for years. Use it when ever I don't need the wormdrive. Great sidewinder IMO. Freud red blades are good cheap disposable blades, use them often. Also use Makita blades regularly. Have not used the Hitachi.

Reply to
Tee Blue

Dittos on the Makita blades. They nice.

Reply to