Freud 3 1/4 hp router

Anyone own or used one of these? Is it a good choice for a router table? thanks, John
I have had one in my router table for more than a year. It is a very good tool and works grear for my table use.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

I love my Milwaukee 5625-20 3.5 HP for the router table. Above the table height adjustment, and non-helical base make it ideal for table work. I've also use the Porter Cable 7518, and I prefer the Milwaukee.
Brian.

I've had one in use for about five years now. I took out the plunge springs to make it easier to adjust it vertically. I have not had any problems yet with moderate usage.
Quadindad2 wrote:

Quadindad2 wrote:

removed the springs it lets me get the cutter higher up the table. though if I did it again I would not use a plunge router in a table??? but its a good unit.Dave
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Quadindad2) wrote

Burned up the first one. it was replaced by Freud. This second one has lasted pretty well. You get what you pay for. A 7518 it's not.
Mike
I've had a freud 2000, 3 1/4 hp for years, in my table, and it's always worked great. But, after years of work, I think I need to replace the collet and the nut. Other than that, alls well.
Quadindad2 wrote:

I've used one in a router table a friend of mine has in his workshop. It is a very nice router and fairly quiet as far as routers go. A good buy if the 2000 model is what you're looking at. Joey