Free wood in England

Page 2 of 2
http://video.rr.com/?v=aM9dYBOtKzL_iRKO8aqPzt_MYO1RkT0q
Clay

Looks like construction grade lumber. Soaked in salt water. I'd think the parties involved would be happy that people cart the stuff away and avoid cost of cleanup. Salvage value will be about nothing once the wood dries out.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

beach. Every board was warped and you could see into the shack between the boards. It had a nice, weathered grey color though.
Wonder if the salt would be bad or good. Good - fungus won't grow... Hum - might be reasonable after all !
When overseas - south Pacific - we had a Typhoon bring in a tall mast. It was 70 or so feet tall. Likely a mast that was let go after a break - maybe in a sailing race...
It was full of worms. But was nice. The wood shop required customer blades, not their own - to cut it - and new planer blades.
The sea shell was hard on the cutting edge. But wow was that wood beautiful in furniture. I think I'd have to get M42 steel cutting blade to re-saw it on my bandsaw.
Martin
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I wonder if the wood glows in the dark.