Free wood in England

This seems pretty definitive for the UK...

phorbin

phorbin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.execulink.com:

@n33g2000pri.google

reasonable law (yeah, right!) would give the former owner a reasonable amount of time to try to recover their property, unless it poses a health hazard.

If the stuff is currently being washed up, they obviously haven't been given a reasonable amount of time to try to make a recovery.

Reply to
Larrybud

I still like the WWII movie "Tight Little Island" wherein the islanders run out of whiskey. Then a ship founders of the island and when the men find out that the cargo is whiskey they board and save as much of the cargo as they can. Then the fun starts: They have to keep it away from the revenuers.

As I said elsewhere "Pay your VAT"

Reply to
David G. Nagel

Definitely pretty clear cut with no reasonable wiggle-room. Thanks for the link.

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I recognised the plot which was based on a real event, but not the title. Wikipedia came to the rescue.

It's title everywhere but the US is Whisky Galore!- except in France where it's called Whisky a Go Go.

Reply to
Mike