Free Version Of Sketchup

Page 2 of 2

damian penney wrote:

That comment was meant jokingly, but I guess I haven't kept up. Last time I looked at WINE, it had more bugs than a dead horse. I'll take another look. Thanks for reminding me.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Nothing penguin-friendly that I see. However, for you Mac hippies out there, a Mac version is coming "soon".
todd

That's why I run a dual boot machine. The best and worst of two worlds.
--
Tom Adams

damian penney wrote:

I was unable to determine if dimensions and/or dimension lines could be displayed. Is there a setting which causes dimensions to display, or is that something available only in the Pro version?
(Yes, I know the small box down on the right has the dimensions of the selected item, but that's not the same as displaying dimensions lines.)
John L. Poole wrote:

Answering my own question
I spent over an hour trying discern how to do this last night, even watched their online video for 20 minutes and finally gave up. Of course right after I posted this this evening, I came across their online documentation and the answer was right there: Tools-Dimension then select the segment you want to display a dimension and pull a dimension line off it.
Here's the skinny on the differences:
http://www.sketchup.com/index.php?id 39

Having trouble with the first tutorial, I cannot get the ROOF to go up..
What is the secret?
Alan