Free Version Of Sketchup

This would certainly be better, but how do you know that this is how it behaves?

Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme

Because I use several tools to tell me what processes are running, what started them, and I have a firewall that logs all access in and out of my home network. When all this bruhaha started about it phoning home, I downloaded it and checked to see what it was doing. That's how I know.

Reply to
Odinn

If youi're worried about it calling home, disconnect from the internet while you use it. It'll work just fine. It's silly to allow net connections you don't need or want anyway; turn the modem off is one way to be sure.

Reply to
Pop

Any programmer worth his salt could work around the attempt to thwart the calling home mechanism by closing off an Internet connection; just simply cache the information being gathered in a temporary local file and when the time comes that an Internet connection is detected, then the contents are sent.

I've been studying this program for a few hours and am beginning to think this rocks... Thank you Google! Now, we just have to hope for tool manufacturers to offer 3D files of their products so that we can integrate them into SketchUp designs --- this already is happening in the professional realm. Would it be nifty if Lee Valley starting offering 3D files of what it sells.

Reply to
John L. Poole

Oh, sure. That's just what I need. CAD dream tools to go in my CAD dream shop. Well, at least it would be 3D... ;)

RicodJour

Having trouble with the first tutorial, I cannot get the ROOF to go up..

What is the secret?

Alan

Reply to
arw01

And why not? Here's a start:

am posting a couple of jpeg's of a 3D solid model of my very crowded workshop-in-the-works to abpw. This model can be rotated and viewed from all angles, solid or semi-transparent, as shown. Different configurations can be created with relative ease. It was a lot of work drawing everything from scratch but I am making major changes in shop layout, routing of electrical circuits, designing multi-function workstations, etc as a result. I used the (formerly free) Pro/Desktop program from PTC for this exercise.

David Merrill

Reply to
David Merrill