Free Router

Page 1 of 2
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local and wants to pick it up. If you want it shipped, shipping charges will apply.
The router works well, but only has one speed. Though, I plugged it into a separate speed control switch and it worked great.
I have no idea how old the unit is. I bought a router table top from a local seller and he gave me the router with it, but I already have two routers. Therefore, if you're interested, it's yours.
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:

Local to where?

Northern subs of Detroit.
Oakland County.
On 12/27/2011 8:26 PM, Justin Time wrote:

to be. My zip code is 46228.

On 12/27/2011 10:10 PM, Justin Time wrote:

On 12/28/11 6:12 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

I'll pay you shipping, plus 2 dollars. :-p
--

-MIKE-

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the shipping costs. ;-)

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the shipping costs. ;-)
HMMM! Not a bad idea. :-)
On 12/28/2011 9:07 PM, Justin Time wrote:

their final value fees.
Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay: buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks for the router in addition.
On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:11:07 -0500, Doug Miller

He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.

IF? If I had feelings, that would hurt a little. ;-)

That wasn't meant as an insult, just that the lure of money does funny things to the way people act. If Doug is prepared to release you from that obligation, then I'd say you're integrity is free to do as you will.
IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or let it go to the one that was wanting it more.

"m II" wrote in message

That wasn't meant as an insult, just that the lure of money does funny things to the way people act. If Doug is prepared to release you from that obligation, then I'd say you're integrity is free to do as you will.
CW wrote:

But the deal (contract) did not involve any "consideration" (a legal element/term) from Doug, so I think the ethical standard here is lower than is customary. : )

I try to separate myself from the selfishness within this greedy society. Whether in person or online with anonymity, my word is my oath. I made an offer, someone accepted the terms, therefore a deal is done. Others may try to cheat, but at least for me, my integrity remains intact. Besides, Karma is a bitch....lol.

If *you* had any ethics, you wouldn't post here with your regular bullshit.

I didn't assume it was, thus, no problem.

I do believe that JT was kidding.
I know that I was.