Free planes today only.

Page 2 of 3
Jim Wilson wrote:

You can't just leave it like that Jim.
Steve's wife is blind - which may explain how he got her to marry him ;)
And Jim, you doing your mortising chisels again?
charlie b
charlie b wrote...

(G) I figured Steve would pipe up, but I guess you're right.

No, that's still on hold. Probably next year at the very earliest, if I decide to go into production again at all. I love making tools, but one of my favorite thing about it is the variety in the work. Making hundreds of the same thing is a different game. To do it properly and keep a reasonable pace as customers deserve, I'd need to to put some money into equipment and add some manpower.
It's kind of you to ask, Charlie. I get a few compliments and requests now and then, and I feel bad turning folks away, but I really don't have the time it takes if I were to stick with my current methods. I spend too much time doing other fun stuff! Like making lathe tools, as I did today. (G)
Cheers!
Jim

this is still a limiting factor for me. there are new things I want to do and I can't afford the tooling. such is life. I guess I need to go public (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

you got that right. I am too ugly for any normal woman (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:05:07 GMT, Steve Knight

Boy was THAT a straight line...
---------------------------------------------------------------------- * Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy * --Noah * http://www.diversify.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------

check the date...
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

Yes I know the date. Now check the tongue in cheek ok?
Jim
message this)citlink.net> writes:

Great I'll fly out and pick them up
Searcher1

I can be at PDX by 4 pm today your time, is that OK? and I'll take em all
Searcher1

you still pay shipping. but you can pick them up in person. hey boxes are expensive (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
LOL, I;m slow OK......

Thu, Apr 1, 2004, 5:21pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@knight-toolworks.com (SteveKnight) claims: I have 500 free planes to give away. first come first served. all you pay is shipping. average shipping cost is only 100.00
OK, Make mine the Spruce Goose.
JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.
I think this would be considered false advertising . What would happen if I really got on my plane and flew out there, would he give me my "free Plane". I fly free so I think going out there would be well worth the tripp.
Rich
(Steve Knight) claims: I have 500 free planes to give away. first come first served. all you pay is shipping. average shipping cost is only 100.00
OK, Make mine the Spruce Goose.
JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Go for it. Then sue him when he doesn't give it to you. I am sure a judge will be very understanding and totally agree with you.
Be real. April 1st, the day when all the humor challenged people come out of the closet.

1) He could point out that they have all been previously claimed by others in this thread. 2) He could hand you a ream of paper with a label saying "Paper Airplanes, 500ct, some assembly required"!

free?
--
Alex
I work for United Airlines hence the email address. ANd you know what, April First never even crossed my mind! Now I feel like a Homer! DOH! searcher1

Well, Rob had me going there for a minute with his 1" thick plane iron. He has come up with enough innovation in tool design, I was ready to accept it. :-) The tool makers are out in force today.
OBTW, Steve's planes are for real - they're not jokes. :-) If he will send you one for $100, its a good deal. I have three of his planes.

Glad to hear someone else admit that! I still find myself feeling for the hole in my lip, because I had taken the bait, he had set the hook, and was reeling me in until I got to the part about the pyramidal storage box! <g>
--
Alex
Lowell Holmes writes:

I sent the Lee Valley blurb to my wife. She wanted to know why I sent it.
I know better, too. 'Splain a joke and it's ruined instantly, don't 'splain it and wear a frying pan.
Charlie Self "The function of posterity is to look after itself." Dylan Thomas

you spoke of getting on your plane, I thought you meant a plane you owned, and I had never heard of a plane owner who was under the illusion that they flew for free!

--
Alex