free inch foot calculator

Page 2 of 2
OK-- I was off- with the previous post- here is one that works www.martindalecenter.com/Calculators.html-- just went there Phil
There is no calculator that does such a thing at this site, that I could find. Thanks for the help.
Lex

"|" == "claimed thusly:
|> There is no calculator that does such a thing at this site, that I could |> find. Thanks for the help.|> |> Lex
check out:
<<http://www.engineering.com/content/DirectoriesDisplay?action=viewSoftwareDetails&listingID=549&tabID=500&subTabID=510
regards, greg (non-hyphenated american) --
Multiculturalism is a euphemism for national division
http://users.adelphia.net/~kimnach http://www.grc.nasa.gov
I opted for Betamax, the world for VHS; I for Amiga, the world IBM clones.
Esksznk, Esksznk, hogy rabok tovbb nem lesznk!
I recently posted about a dandy calculator I got for Christmas that does just what you want. Its not free, but its handy and not too high priced. Someone said he has seen these in Walmart for $12.95. Its called a project calculator and accepts entries in fractional feet and inches and presents the fractions on the screen. It also has a toggle feature to show the nearest common measurement. For example, display 59/64, press the toggle and see 7/8, then toggle back to 59/64.

Use metric units and live becomes much easier!
snipped-for-privacy@phys.chem.ethz.ch (nyffeler) wrote in wrote:

Or just skip the feet part of the deal altogether. I routinely record measurements in inches only and the math ends up less complicated. I'm not sure what half of 7'6" is, but I know half of 90" is 45".
~Rob