Free Books

Page 3 of 3
wrote in

Nothing is limited.
On 4/7/2011 6:38 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

My business DroidX smartphone, unlimited data/1300 voice, with all the taxes and gotcha's, is consistently +/- $123/month (which includes the mandatory $20/month unlimited data plan).
My iPad2 (actually assigned a 10 digit phone number by Verizon for 3G cellular data) is $20/month for 1 GB data; no contract, can be turned off or on at will and you can pony up for more in advance as needed (an extra $15/month gets you 3GB data, etc.)
With the iPad, I keep the Cellular turned off 98% of the time. I average about 200MB of 3G cellular data through the device each month, well below the 1GB max. (there is a cellular data usage monitor built-into the iPad). Use the iPad with WiFi whenever possible, either my own at home/office, or a clients location, and 3G only as needed when no WiFi is available (in a large urban area some type of WiFi is available almost everywhere you go these days ... hell, my phone sees available networks when stopped at red lights/traffic.)
uVerse high speed internet for home/home office is $65/month for unlimited/18GB download speed, with built-in wireless router in the RG.
Wife and daughter use their "WiFi only" iPads at home and work ... they are both big NetFlix fans and watch movies/videos on their iPads almost nightly over the uVerse WiFi at home at no extra data cost ... so far).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

OUCH!
Is this an add-on to the Droid account?

There are -very- few WiFi spots here, and the closest are in downtown Grass Pants. That's one price I pay for a serene rural setting.

18Mbps, not GB. But my query was primarily for smart phone packages.

Oh, a wireless DSL router?
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.
On 4/8/2011 3:58 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Not bad for a business account. Our internet company phone bill for two was in the range of $800/mo about ten years ago.

Nope, separate account ... and managed from the device itself only.

Tip of the slung ... too many typing "3G".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah, that is a definite improvement.

Hmm, nice!

Thot so.
-- From the Book of Aussie Bush Etiquette:
Never tow another car using pantyhose and duct tape.

Except for the NetFlix ...
On 4/8/2011 10:22 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

No exceptions, yet ....for "data" which is the basis of the discussion.
However, that could be short lived as ATT kicks in their tiered data plans. Corporate greed, or looking forward to FTTP infrastructure?
With their current profits, at present there is NO justification for doing so with FTTN VDSL except to condition a gullible public to pay more.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

It seems reasonable in 2-D. I think you'll have a long wait for 3-D--unless the processing occurs between keystrokes on a "cloud", or something...
Bill
wrote in

Nintendo has a 3D version of their DS game machine on the market right now.
Yes, I know you meant 3D as in computing power but it takes a fair amount for the games. MOF, PC power has been driven by the games market for the past few years. Intel is rightfully concerned about the Killer App that will need what they can build.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Well, I meant the computing power done by a graphics card, rather than that done by the CPU, per se. It's mostly a different animal.
but it takes a fair

wrote in

Womder where the graphics on the DS 3D are processed ...

--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Did they have my baby pictures? I've been looking for them everywhere.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I wondered whose kid that was ...
On 4/5/2011 11:39 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

The Google books is a great resource for what every you are researching. If you are working in genealogy, there are many County and State histories in their collections. These books have many biographies of the citizens of each county.