Free Black Walnut Tree in TEXAS

My back fence neighbor has a large Black Walnut tree he would like cut down. Anyone interested in the wood may have it for free if they cut it down and haul it off. The wood is beautiful.
Anyone interested may email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance for any interest you may have or help you can give.
Texy Lady
On 9 Aug 2003 11:35:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Texy Lady) wrote:

If you do fell it, remember that the most vaulable part of a walnut is the root crown and even underground. So don't put the saw through as usual, trim it down to a butt, then dig the stump out.
Bit far for me to travel though.....
Glad you mentioned "Texas" ... that narrows it down a lot.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/28/03

I live at the northeaster tip of Texas (Texarkana). I once drove to New Jersey. A day and a half later, we were in our fourth large state, and almost 900 miles into the trip. I remarked to my wife that if we'd gone the opposite direction when leaving home, we'd still be in Texas.
Yeah, narrowing it down a bit would be useful (and no remarks from Alaska, because while it might be bigger, everyone lives huddled around the 3 roads in the state).
Kevin

Ayup. When I was driving OTR, company had a plant in El Paso. Round trip from Jamestown, NY to El Paso, TX, the mileage in TX was 1/3 of the whole trip. Nahmie