FREE! 42"x10' Section of Maple Bowling Alley, Mesa, AZ

Yup, rather see someone make good use out of it than see it go to the dumpster. It is a 10' long by 42" wide section of maple bowling alley. It is a sort of toungue and groove joinery, each piece is fastened to the next with spiral nails. There is a shallow (1/8" deep?) saw kerf running diagonally from one end corner to the other. Have no idea why they did that. My plans were to use it as a nice start on a top for a woodworking bench. I was going to make a sled and use my router to flatten the top and get rid of the saw kerf once it was on the bench, then hand plane it flat.

Anyway, the first person that emails me and can come pick it up in the next few days, its theirs. I am in Mesa, AZ, just East of Phoenix.

Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Can I ask why you gave up on this piece? I have a similar section, sans saw kerf, that I plan on using for the workbench in my new shop in the fall. Sounds like it is constructed the same way, with the spiral nails.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

"Joe Tylicki" wrote in news:HEe1e.15217$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Would make a great workbench. Been sitting for over 5 years and I am in the process of clearing things out for a potential move.

Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega