Framing a door with reveal between sides and top boards?

I'm framing the face of a door and am looking to have the top board have a 1/8" or better reveal from the two sides.
My Sides are 3/4" MDF and I'm looking for something about an inch. I cant seem to find anything to use at the lumber yard. I was thinking of taking the sides down with a planer. Or taking 2x and ripping it down for the top..
Any Suggestions or comments would be helpful.
Thanks, Scott<-
The guys that built my place used 1/2" MDF for the sides and 3/4" for the top. They bought it from our local builders' supply yard already rounded-off with a 1/8" radius, and pre-primed. It looks great.
Tom Dacon

cant
top..
1/2"x3 1/2"? Hmmm.. Haven't seen that one around here.
I found some DF thats the same Width of the MDF and is maybe a hair thicker then 1/16" over the MDF, though Its not exactly what I want. So I was going to take the 3/4" MDF and trim off maybe an 1/8" and see what it comes up as.
Though you are right I have to take my 1/8" curve router bit to the DF to give it the same shape as the MDF...
Thanks, Scott<-

taking