Framed dollhouse structure

Page 3 of 3
Mon, Jan 22, 2007, 3:38am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Charlie Self) doth sayeth: That Norton engine looks like a full-sized one I helped rebuild too many years ago. The blued pipe makes me think that model actually runs. These guys are much better at miniaturization than I ever will be. Great stuff there.
I would think it would at least be capable of running anyway. Those guys are pretty serious about stuff like that.
Some where I've got a link stuck away to a V-8 engine - about the size of a shoe box - complete with a couple of MPEGs of it running - with sound. Sounds like a very large, very pissed, bumble bee, in a very big hurry. Very cool.
So, now when you get frustrated, you can look at that page, and decide it maybe isn't so bad after all LOL I don't know if you've ever been to the Smithsonian, but they've got a rather large doll house on exhibit, about 5 stories or so, if I recall right. And, I believe it's all framed, just like a full size house. Last time I was there was about 1972-3 - stationed at the Pentagon, and visited the Smithsonian every 3 months or so. If you decide to visit it, during the cold weather is the best time, loads less visitors then, and you should be able to park just about in front of the doors to each building. In the summer you'd probably be lucyk to park withing 10 blocks of the building. I'd drive and park in the winter; in the summer I'd usually walk over, and take a taxi back - otherwise way too much hassle parking, and I'd wind up walking further in the end. Oh, yeah. Are you gonna scale the dollhouse to a specific size doll? There are rules, charts, dimensions, whatever, for that type of thing. I've seen them on my searching, but never kept anything. Barbie dolls for example. Or, in your case, maybe GI Joe. LMAO
JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 5:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote: nd.

There appear to be two standard dollhouse scales: 1/2" to 12"; 1" to 12". As Joe Fumblefinger, I'm going with the larger, but I'm already past considering doing the whole house in framing. I'm too old too finish it that way, I think.
Decoration, furniture and residents are the option of the final recipient of the thing.
Add pictures here
✖
Charlie Self wrote:
> There appear to be two standard dollhouse scales: 1/2" to 12"; 1" to > 12".
Find that architect scale.
Both of the above are standard scales on it.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Found two of them, one on a shelf next to the dryer (I'm afraid to ask how it got there), and the other stuck in with a batch of pens in a UVa drink cup (SIL is a UVa graduate for his sins).
Add pictures here
✖