Frame section for double glazing

Hi all. I want to build a frame for an double glazed window which will hinged at the top for opening. The dimensions of the frame wil be about 81cm wide by 50cm high and will be made from sapele/mahogany, So what size of section should I use?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

There is no "correct" size. Assuming your glazing units are 4/16/4 (a common size) plus a further 20mm for the glazing bead, that's a 44mm deep rebate, so you might use something like 75*50mm section for your opener. Frame depends on whether you go for a flush opener, or some other pattern. It may make sense to match it to the original for easier installation and making good.

Reply to
dom