Frame and panel with sliding dovetails

Hi,
Can someone offer me advice, please? Basically I'd like the appearance of a floating panel bookcase, but with the shelves anchored to the sides for extra strength.
What is the usual way to do this? Maybe add an extra rail inside the panel to hold the sliding dovetail?
Many thanks, Nate Perkins Northern Colorado
Some tips at the DW link: http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/article.asp?Site=woodworking&IDQ1 *******************

Thanks! Those are nice pictures and methods on that page.
I guess what was confusing me was how to anchor the sides of the shelves, since the sides of the bookcase are floating panels. After thinking about it some more, I guess I'll just put dovetail sockets on the front and back stiles, and put short dovetail pins on the front and back of the shelves. I'll glue the front joint only and leave the back free to move. And I guess I need to be careful about the order of assembly ...