four cylinder saw

Page 1 of 2
wonder if anyone makes these any more
https://archive.org/stream/TM5-4016-nsia
guess the seabees used these
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 5:03:49 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

You're probably seen this: https://youtu.be/T5WO9nulOXc
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

not able to see at the moment
what is it
let me guess nuclear powered lathe

Mine's powered by a mix of coal, natural gas, wind, solar, and nuclear. In spite of all that, it probably has one of the smallest operating costs of anything I own.
Puckdropper
On 7/25/2016 7:40 PM, Bob Villa wrote:

Exactly the right tool to make this patio:
http://tinyurl.com/h55h35v
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/82/60/31/8260319ba69acbe4e101f85124b2efeb.jpg
--
Jack
On 7/25/2016 6:00 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Probably not although I did run across a circular saw mill in one of the hollers east of here that was powered by a Ford Model T engine in all its glory. It even had the wide canvas belts what were engaged by a big lever.

Up near Perry FL there's an old cracker with a saw mill powered by a Chrysler FirePower V8 (at least, I think that's what it is). It doesn't look like it's run in the last half century, altho the old guy insists he's still in business milling lumber. Swindell, I think his name was - I have his card around somewhere.
Those old mills are scary to look at - not only the blade with absolutely no guards, but all the other belts and stuff totally unprotected, all the way back to the motor.
John
On 7/26/2016 5:55 PM, John McCoy wrote:

Sounds like my table saw. Only "guard" is the operator using common sense. This equipment should only be used by men raised before diving boards were removed from public pools, swings removed from playgrounds, horseshoe pits replaced with Corn hole crap and so on.
Millennials, raised in the home on digital games by hand wringing mothers, are finding Pokemon too dangerous as the pantywaists are forced to actually walk around loose, walking into cars and what-not.
They should not be allowed near power tools, particularly anything sharp that is not 110% safe with every guard known to man, wearing chain-link suits of armor, gas masks for dust, giant helmets with bullet proof face masks and built in ear muffs, and the tools should instantly slam to a stop if they even think about putting a pinky in danger.
--
Jack
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:06:31 -0400

haha this is good
damn are they really replacing horseshoe pits
first thing i did when i got my skilsaw so many years ago was to jam a sixteen penny nail to keep that guard out of the way
it is an interesting trajectory that humanity is on right now with interesting used in the same way as that old saying may you live in interesting times
should also mention stick shift cars most kids at driving age will not and or cannot drive a stick

society and culture now is very risk averse constant fear drummed in all the time

yes they will have to wear a brain machine interface and if they even think of putting their hand near the cutter it shuts off the machine and gives them a 50000 volt reminder and deducts 5 dollars from their account and transfers it to the health and safety department to improve the tv programming to remove thoughts of using the equipment at all
"first thing i did when i got my skilsaw so many years ago was to jam a sixteen penny nail to keep that guard out of the way"
This kind of explains the whys and wherefores of the vast majority of your "contributions" to this board...sadly, I might add...
Might I assume the shift and punctuation keys have been disabled for a similar reason?
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:58:13 -0700, Electric Comet

Sure, shoes are dangerous weapons in the hands of BLM.

You're kidding, right?

It is interesting to see Darwin at work, daily. Seems you're leading the parade.

...and why should they? They're rare, now, and getting more rare every year. \
On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:06:38 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:

I upgraded my corn hole set to be more like Tejo, a Columbian sport that combines alcohol and explosives. What could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o16LyndAY2U

And they should definitely stay off your lawn, right Jack.
On 7/28/2016 4:41 PM, Markem wrote:

I don't know what you mean, or, what is the relationship to what I said, and "they" coming into my yard?
Anyone is allowed on my lawn as long as they come in peace. If not, well, they enter at their own risk.
In my house... not unless invited.
--
Jack
Ed Huntress posted for all of us...

I heard the fart from here!
--
Tekkie

That essay was written by a guy who watches too much television and spends too little time with the young people he's writing about.
--
Ed Huntress

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

How bout you and your fart sniffing Ladyboy friend tuck your tender little manginas in a pair of these and keep right on pretending old Woody don't know what he's writing about. ;)
http://nypost.com/2016/07/28/theyre-making-lingerie-for-dudes-now/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLpE1Pa8vvI

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:57:53 -0700, Woody Sawyer

Who do you think you are, Melania Trump? You didn't write anything. That stupid "essay" is all over the Web:
http://awdude.com/2016/03/is-manliness-doomed-in-america-the-wussification-of-males/
--
Ed Huntress

On 7/29/2016 9:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Doesn't matter who wrote it, now does it?
The follow up by the Butch guy was also all over the web. So what?
Both are well written essays on what's been going on for years now. Attempting to re-direct the issue to *who* said it rather than *what* was said is blatantly lame, and a sure sign that you might disagree but have no clue why. For all you know woody sawyer could have written it before it went all over the web, or hired someone to put his thoughts into words. Makes zero difference.
BTW, professional politicians ALL hire speech writers, are you so lame that you actually think Melania Trump wrote her own speech? She delivered the speech, and did a fine job for a non professional, and both sounded and looked good doing it. The fact Elizabeth Dole and Moochel's speech writers used a similar sentence in their speeches in the past means zip, nada nothing.
--
Jack
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
On 7/29/2016 8:57 PM, Woody Sawyer wrote:

I think these might be useful if a bleeding heart wants an easy route into the Marines CorPse and all those luscious men...
--
Jack
Got Change, And the Change SUCKS!