Foundation X

Folks -

Well, the wif and I have been working the last 3 days on cutting and bending rebar for the foundation footings. We put two runs about 6" parallel in the bottom of the trench on 3" dobies.

I called the building department on Tuesday for an inspection and they said that they could do it either Thursday (today) or Wednesday of next week. I gulped and said "Thursday". Holy rebar ties, Batman!

Anyway, we busted ass and got everything set. The inspector showed up this afternoon and had a look see. He said that it was overbuilt and that it would be fine! He signed off on it so I am good to go for pouring the footings.

I have to clean a bit of debris out of the trenches, but that's it. A big truck and concrete pump will be here on Tuesday morning!

Yipeeee! Pics to APBW soon....

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead