fortsner bits and dowels?

You guessed it, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've just started into woodworking, and have made a couple simple bedside night tables using 3/8" (halved) plywood rounds and fur slats, but now am thinking about making a TV stand with dowels along the sides and back. Am wondering what size bit and what size dowels would look the nicest on a table with two shelves, plus a top and about 22" long, 18" width, and 26" tall. Am gauging those dimensions by the size of base of our bedroom TV and the size of VCR and DVD players, thence the two shelves under the table top. Any suggestions would help. TIA

Reply to
RedMelon