Fort Worth Lumber

Just moved North of Ft. Worth to Haslet, Tx. I'm looking for a lumber yard with kd, rough or s2s, red oak, white oak, cherry and mahogany. Would perfer a yard with lots of lumber that will let you pick through and buy small quantities. Thanks.

Probably the closest to you that will let you do that is Austin Hardwoods, 11353 Mathis, Dallas, 972-241-4777. I've bought from them for years and it doesn't matter how little you want to buy. They treat you well.
I mainly use Hogan's near DFW airport as it is easier to get to from Lancaster. If you are buying less than 300 bf there is not enough difference in price to bother with and Hogan's will plane for reasonable price. They will also deliver free for orders over $300. 35 and Post and Paddock.
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas
Frank A. wrote:

I used Sweeney Hardwoods for my last project and the prices were slightly better than Hogan's or Austin hardwoods (at least for Red Oak). Sweeney's is near 121 and Beach St. in FTW. You might also try Barney Robinson Hardwoods, which is closer to downtown. Prices are good but quality can vary a bit.
-- Ken
Thanks for the suggestions and Merry Christmas to all.

Barney Robinson Hardwoods on E. Lancaster, just west of Beach St.