Forrest Saw Blade

I am trying to contact with Forrest Manufcturing Company from Japan. But I have not yet been able to connect to anyone of Forrest.
I know New York and New Jersey were suffered big damage by Harricane Sandy. Please advise it if someone knows about what Forrest was going on now.
Thanks in advance,

I don't have any information specifically about Forrest's situation in Clifton, NJ beyond knowing that their web site is working.
http://www.forrestblades.com /
If it's simply a matter of ordering a blade you can get them through Amazon.com
I recognize your ISP as I have a friend in Chiba, Japan, who happens to be a woodworker, who uses the same ISP...
John

Amazon is weird that way, the US site carries tons of stuff not available elsewhere, and they won't ship even to Canada, Japan is even less likely.
My wife has had a friend of hers in the US order stuff, and reship to Canada. Their Canadian site does not carry any woodworking stuff, even some of the books carried in the US.
I suspect the Japanese site, if there even is one, is similar.
--
Froz...

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@nifty.com wrote:

Forrest is in one of the harder hit areas of NJ. I'd wait a week or sol Good chance they have no power.
snipped-for-privacy@nifty.com wrote:

From the DeWalt RAS forum on Delphi I found this: Contact: Forrest Mfg 800 733 7111 457 River Rd Clifton NJ 07014
A Google Maps search on that address provided another phone #: (973) 473-5236
All of which matches the info on their "official" web site. The web site is likely hosted by another company which could be physically located anywhere. I know some of their blades and services are not available through the web site, and require direct contact.
They are close enough to Sandy's landfall that I would expect they may have a power outage. Also their building is just across the road from the Passaic River. It's quite possible the storm surge pushed the river across the road.
Forrest is right on the passaic river. I don't think the river affected them, but being that they are facing east/north east if I remember they probably got hammered. Also they probably have no power right now. Give them another week to 2 weeks.
On 11/2/2012 7:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@nifty.com wrote:

Their web site is still up - but I guess I don't know the location of the host machine.
Len
On Friday, November 2, 2012 6:18:07 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@nifty.com wrote:

On 11/03/12 12:51 PM, Len wrote:

A trace route times out with viawest.net, who I imagine does their hosting. See http://www.viawest.com/data-center-communities
None of their facilities are anywhere near New Jersey.
--
Froz...

snipped-for-privacy@nifty.com wrote in

I am about 10 miles north of Clifton (driving distance). Some parts of our town aren't expected to have power back until tonight (if things go well). I drove yesterday around and had no trouble on the main roads (Rt 20/21, I80, US46). I think that Clifton must have been hit as hard as we were, but don't think that the Passaic there would have flooded - we didn't get much rain, just wind, and many trees and powerlines down. Utilities were very busy getting main transmission and substations back on line. There was no work done in the local streets around here until Friday.
I'd give Forrest until after the elections to get their place cleaned up.
--
Best regards
Han