Forrest Chopmaster Blade

I managed to get the Chopmaster installed on the mitre saw. Without having spent a lot of time using the new blade, actually three cuts, here are my thoughts.

For comparison, I took a scrap of pine, oak, and poplar. Made a small cut on each piece with the blade that came with the saw. Changed blades, see future post, and made another cut on the same pieces.

Mighty impressed with the oak and the pine. The oak is smooth as glass with no 'spurs' (What's the technical term for the little shreds that don't get cut off?) The pine, milled 2x4, is incredibly better from the original blade, but not the glass smoothness, most likely due to the grain of the wood. The poplar was a little bit of a let down, only because I use a lot of poplar. Taking another look, it's not as bad as I first thought. A definite improvement over the dewalt blade with only a couple spurs compare with spurs almost along the entire cut with the dewalt blade. Probably will need sanding though.

Completely happy with the blade and will change the blade back when I don't need the cut as nice as what the chopmaster offers.

JMHO

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

(What's the technical term for the little shreds that don't get cut off?)

Chad.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Forrest blades stay sharp for a long time. I would just leave the blade on the saw until it needs to be sharpened. Then put your old DeWalt blade on until you get the Forrest.

Don't make the mistake of sending the Forrest to anyone but Forrest for resharpening...

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell