Formby's wash

I need to strip several layers of paint off an old window. I found a container of Formby's Paint & Poly remover in the basement and would like to use this. It recommends using a Formby's brand wash to get rid of the remover and anything else left behind.
I don't really want to make a trip to the hardware store for this, so I was wondering if I could substitute mineral spirits or denatured alcohol? Would either of these "wash" off the paint remover?
Thanks for your advice.