Formby's Tung Oil tops removable?

I like the finish I get from Formby's but for the life of me I can't get the cap off after a couple uses. I always clean the rim and inside of top after use and have started putting wax paper between cap and rim. They must be child AND senior proof. Guess us old guys aren't supposed to use thier products.
So how do you get them open? This can is only 3 weeks old and used twice.
Thanks, Al in WA

Well you did what I would have first thought of. How about a bit of thinner in the cap and wipe the bottle off with thinner.
scribbled:

This is what I use on recalcitrant caps: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2197&cat=1,43456,43400
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html

Use a screw driver to pop off the plastic cover and then you can easily get a grip on the metal top with channel lock pliers.
Child proofing these materials requires much safer methods than relying on a silly plastic top.
TWS

Wash your hands and the top with a non-drying oil like olive or canola. A little bit on the threads and inside of the cap keeps things operating smoothly. The oil on your hands emulsifies after cleaning with a bit of dish detergent.
Channel locks with a light touch. Don't crush the cap and neck.

I have resorted to a pair of pliers before... Don't crush the cap though. Jim
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:30:57 +0000, Jim wrote:

"Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers."

Everything you know is wrong. We're all Bozo's on this bus.
And,
Please pass the sugar.
JT
Hell no. When I graduate I'm going to cut the soles off my shoes, sit in a tree, and learn to play the flute!
djb
--
Go read this. Now.
<http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000129.html
I have the exact same problem with Formby's and others. I have always been able to get them open with a strap wrench ($4.99 at Sears), Click on this link: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@2080327326.1126030965@@@@&BV_EngineIDihaddfimkhhegcegecegjdghldgfm.0&vertical=TOOL&pid945533000&bidsite=CRAFT
Chuck
This was the answer I got back from Formby's. Al
--

Hi Al,

Thank you for visiting the Formby's website. We appreciate you taking the

SNIP
Sounds like an answer I saw somewhere recently.
Too bad they didn't make the cap out of metal... like they do for contact cement... slip-lock pliers work (and fit) perfectly.

I just 'dropped in' on this, so please forgive the impertinence.
In the matter of 'future removals' . . .
When my wife used to work predominantly in the lab, she used a type of 'release paper' to seal containers plus allow easy removal of caps, etc. {"ParaFilm", I think.} Anyhow, I started using the same technique. First with the 'film' she brought home and later with a couple of 'substitutes'. Old fashioned WAX PAPER is one, generic 'Plastic Wrap' {the 'clingy' type} is another. For the REALLY CHEAP among us, fold the ubiquitous plastic bag the stuff came in over the opening, screw on the cap, pull the bag up and cut off the extra.

SNIP
The
will
outside
SNIP
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:20:06 +0000, Ron Magen wrote:

Fantastic stuff, but it doesn't like alcohol.
you can find Parafilm M at micro-mart.com