Forgot to mix the minwax

I forgot to stir the semigloss minwax polyurethane before applying it to a hardwood floor small area. Dipped brush at top of can. Not drying after 12 hours. Any ideas as to what I might do?
Clean it all off with mineral spirits or thinner, elbow grease and a rag. Mix poly in can, repeat. If it is old an separated, throw it away and buy some new finish.
Robert

Dry shiny?

Usually the stuff at the top of the can is the actual solvent that evaporates IIRC. The stuff on the bottom is what actually stays on the floor and provides protection after cured. It would seem to me that it should have dried rather quickly but then again you are using a Minwax product.

Fine example of prejudice over thought. The top would be the thinned oils.
The resins harden and cure the oil.
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:17:51 GMT, "Leon"

Minwax poly or Waterlox urethane (the two I'm most familiar with) have nothing to stir in the gloss versions. There is no separation of resins and solvents as I see with phenolic varnishes like Waterlox Original or Gymseal.
The goop on the bottom is a flattening agent and nothing more.
Without stirring, subsequent finishes will be lower and lower sheens, down to the last few, which will be dead flat. <G>
Barry
It really should have just been gloss poly that you applied because all the flattners had settled out. If it isn't dry, there is some other problem maybe.
Yes, Mineral Spirits to remove and try again with a new batch maybe.
No air circulation could explain it not drying. Open a window or get a fan on it. The stuff at the bottom of the can is what makes gloss poly semi.
If it does dry, and I think it will, sand it really good before the next coat (of properly mixed poly :-) ) and I don't think you'll have any more problems.
Bryan