Forget to wear my safety goggles

Just call me Popeye!
It happens that 3Rivers Writer formulated :

Oh dear... What was the damage? I once saw a man lose the sight of his remaining good eye from working on a grindstone without safety gear. You'd think he learn after the first one went in the same way.
Mekon

I know most pbs stations don't try to synchronize their showings of the Woodwright's Shop but did anyone watch the parallelogram plant stand show? It gave me pause when Roy talked about how he was grinding a metal piece for this week's show and got a chip in his eye, so now he wears glasses!
I know he's got a reputation for sporting bandaids and blood blisters and bruised fingernails, but after all those years in that line of work, I kind of expected him to know better than to use a grinder without eye protection. Even if it's a treadle-operated grinder.