Foreheadslapper#2

ABPW. a sanding block from a sanding belt. Saw that done once, and I have been using them that way ever since.
It's handy, but it won't revolutionize the industry. I'm sure, again, that there will be other versions of this in circulation already.
Rob---who doesn't sweat the petty things, and doesn't pet the sweaty things.
00
Robatoy wrote:

But Rob, if it's sweaty, that means you're pettin' it right. O_o
Robatoy...
After reading all the jokes about using the drill guide from HCA as a glue spreader (and after looking at the plastic spreaders in the LV catalog) I finally took a couple of the junk mail ersatz credit cards (these happened to come from Discover and were just a tad thinner than real credit cards) to the shop to try out.
I'd always used either a brush or a thin piece of wood to spread glue; but the plastic cards work much better than either. Not only do they spread the glue quickly and evenly; but next day the glue popped right off when I flexed the card and pushed the dried glue (Titebond) with a thumbnail.
Anyone ever put a wooden handle on a credit card? (-:
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I've never put a wooden handle on a credit card, I usually can afford cash!
I know another smart reply, but that is the way it hit me.
ToolMiser wrote:

Now I know why some woodworkers speak of using a crowbar to open their wallet - I hope you're not using your folding money to spread Gorilla glue! (:
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

be safe :-).

Smatter of fact, I have but I serrated the edge first. I have also put a narrow slit, lengthwise in a dowel and inserted a section of hacksaw blade. Also works just like a mini notched trowel. I have used HPL strips as spreaders as well. But the hacksaw blade as trowel works best for me. Of course, my MiniCol from Lamello is always in use.
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:34:48 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

I find that gorilla glue climbs up the blade; too much sticks to the blade and not enough spreads on the wood. Works ok for thinner glues. Next one o' these I make, I'm putting the dowel on at an angle instead of perpendicular. Also, 32 tpi hacksaw blade seems not to work as well as 24.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com
snipped-for-privacy@silcom.com writes:

*Bought* popsicle sticks? How awful!
Don't you know you are supposed to buy the popsicles and save the sticks?
LOL
Glenna (summertime popsicle junkie)

I KNOW!!!!! Maybe you could make some ....... popsicles?