Forehead Slappers

Page 1 of 2
I must have some time on my hands..*G*
But, I thought of sharing some piccies of things which I have encountered during the years which made me slap my forehead, as if to say: "WTF didn't *I* think of that?" Something so obvious, yet useful, that you can't believe it.
I don't care where they come from, but I know there are many Forehead Slapper out there....so please share?
Forehead Slapper # 1 posted in ABPW. (That's #1, as in the first one I posted, not the highest ranking in cleverness..LOL)
(I don't think they all need to be pictures, descriptions would count too, right?)
0¿0
Rob--->who thinks news groups are for this kinda thing.
Add pictures here
✖

Diapers.
Add pictures here
✖

To use to wipe stain or as a source for stain?
Add pictures here
✖

Oh, you meant for woodworking!
Never mind. Bob
Add pictures here
✖
calmly ranted:

Ahhh! You guys are finally catching on to the actual -source- of RBS, are you? This is very good!
-- "Menja bé, caga fort!"
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:47:27 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

Apparently you haven't first hand (excuse the expression) experience with this stuff. It's the source of BSY. It doesn't turn RBS until they're on solid food.
- Doug

✖
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:02:50 -0700, Doug Winterburn

No, I'm a solid, upstanding, 52 year old, _confirmed_ bachelor. Though I've had girlfriends with kids that age, I played dumb.
-- "Menja bé, caga fort!"
Add pictures here
✖
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

In Houston ... Mosquitoes
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Turn left at greenland?
Sorry. It's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, but not all newsservers carry it.
Add pictures here
✖
Ray wrote:

Try this: news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking If it doesn't work, your server doesn't carry it. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Which is 99.9% of all news servers left on Earth, including both of the ones I use.
Someone pointed me at:
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw /
but looking there now, I see nothing related to this thread. That has proven to pretty much always be the case whenever someone references ABPW, so I just ignore such threads as taking place in a universe I do not inhabit myself. I'm sure these folks aren't talking about nothing, but whatever it is sure doesn't ever show up on that site, or on the usenet replayer site either.
✖

It appears, here,
http://www.delorie.com/wood /
...that the dates of the updates appear.
It will show next Tuesday, I think.
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

Oh. I missed that. That explains why the pictures all seem to pertain to things I read about last week, doesn't it? :)
✖
You can also view the group via:
<http://www.usenet - replayer.com/groups/alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.html>
It's got a decent archive and search capability.
--jeff

Add pictures here
✖

Silvan wrote:

I'm sorry that the link doesn't work for you and that your ISP doesn't carry the NG, but I've NEVER had an ISP that didn't carry the APB groups. I've benn doing this for a while, so 99.9% seems like an unlikely amount of servers to not carry them. ATT carries the NGs if someone needs an ISP that is everywhere and DOES carry the NGs. Just a member, no financial considerations. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

ISP or USP news servers tend to carry alt.binaries.* groups, but don't forget the medium or large businesses that run their own usenet servers. These usually block all binaries for volume/pr0n reasons, and many block alt.* entirely.
Two of my USPs offer non-binaries feeds. One (Gradwell) only does text feeds. Supernews, my main feed, charges a different price for binaries or non-binaries. As Usenet is now just a minority interest, it's some years since I saw an ISP feed that wasn't poorly-supported rubbish. If they "carry" a binaries group, it may only have a retention time of milliseconds.
Add pictures here
✖
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

Never thought I'd reflect on two Unix geeks with a large pipe (read ISP) as being the "good old days".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

I've been doing it for awhile too, both at home and for other people. Since 1991 only one ISP's news feed has carried binaries, and they stopped carrying them in early 2002. My current ISP doesn't carry them, nor does my U. of Berlin account. I really haven't seen an alt.binaries.* anything since early 2002.
✖
www.delorie.com/wood has archive of both binaries wood and furniture.
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:13:55 -0500, Silvan

Add pictures here
✖