Foredom Typhoon burs

I have a 1/8" shank, 5/16 wide, fine grit type KB18715.
http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/catalog/images/110-8714.jpg
I put it on my flex shaft and gave it a whirl. On about 15,000 RPM in an ordinary 2x2, it caught hold of the wood and jerked out two or three times.
Does binding have the potential of damaging the flex shaft handle or chuck? Looks like it could rip my skin quickly.
To avoid binding using that bit, do I turn up the speed or what?
Thanks a lot in advance.
--
I didn't find "Foredom" and "Typhoon" in the same post on the Usenet
archives, so here it is.

times.
chuck?

i can't add anything to that eccept that yes they will take off flesh...lol... i speak from experience, also watch your clothing.