Foredom/flexshaft tool recommendations?

I am a wood carver who has gotten arthritis pretty bad in the hands and I want to get into power carving. Anyone have advice on tool selection I know foredom makes a bunch of different handles for their flexible shafts. I need to make my Birthday/Christmas lists. Was wondering about vibration in the hand piece.
Thanks
"Tvfarmer" wrote:

A die grinder.
High RPM, low weight, lots of rotary burrs available to fit.
Lew
Tvfarmer wrote:

I've had a variety of electric devices of that kind. Compared to http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberG869, they're all crap.
Needs 2 SCFM at 90 PSI--that's not a huge compressor at all.
Tvfarmer wrote:

I got this kit for Christmas a couple of years ago and have really liked it. It has two handles for the flex shaft: one rotary tool holder (no wrench required) and a reciprocating tool shaft. The shapes of tools included are limited but I use it often. It does vibrate but it works well. I also have a Ryobi dedicated reciprocating carving tool which is larger and does not vibrate as much.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2003853/9681/Power-Carving-Kit.aspx
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I have this: http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2005912/Wecheer-14-HP-Flexible-Shaft-Carver-Kit.aspx
Been happy with it, I would have purchased a Foredom from USA (I live in Finland) but shipping expenses and duties turned me to Wecheer (got it from England).
Here is their web site: http://www.wecheer.com /
I use Proxxon rotary tool much more than this flex shaft. http://www.sell-it-easy.de/wbc.php?sid '85252a840&tpl=kd.html&pid@33&rid=8 USA models are availlable too.
seismo malm
Foredom has a 1/3 HP (important for torque and anti-stall) -
They also have carving knives that attach to the rotating flex shaft.
So you can gouge and carve and shave and grind....
Martin
Tvfarmer wrote:

I use my Dremel with and without a flexshaft. I've got the newer drill press station which comes with the hanger. I've got all types of attachments, some Dremel and some other brands. They all work fine. Matter of fact I'll be going to the "Artistry in Wood" show this weekend in Ohio and intend to pick up a few more attachments.
Artistry in Wood ... http://www.daytoncarvers.com/artistryinwood.html
`Casper

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry for not getting back to this sooner contractors at the house and launching my wife's new site (http://www.babypop.com /) shameless plug I have been swamped. Thanks for all the suggestions I currently have one of the older sears rotozip knock offs with the flex shaft and it dosen't have the torque or speed control I was looking for. I also have the ryobi power carver, that I bought years ago but now will have to dust off. I am going to stay away from the die grinder the price is right but it is awkward to hold (for me) and I don't want the compressor running.
I can't quite make a fist with either hand and do not have a lot of grip. Trying to get use to not being able to trust my hands and I am just turning 40 next month so this is sort of an adjustment. Jeff