For 2011 - Resolutions I Know I Can Keep

Two resolutions I know I can keep:
1. I vow to never remember where I laid down my pencil.
2. When buying new drill bits, I will open the box, take out the smallest bit, and immediately break it.
Been there did that !! I have a peanut butter jar full of pencils screwed to my work bench ,by the time a project is done the jar is empty. They make a funny noise going up the shop vac hose.
Jr.
On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 01:38:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jerry - OHIO) wrote:

So get a chip clip and clip it to your pocket or collar. Run a string from it to the pencil so it never gets too far from you. OR Clip the pencil to a key chain retractor and mount that on the bench or machine you use it with. It'll always stay put. OR Put pencils in the tablesaw fence trough. Press on the tip to bring the eraser up enough to get it out for use. OR Epoxy a pencil holder to the top of the fence, the side of the bandsaw, the side of the bench, and wherever else you use them. Better yet, epoxy a cheapie plastic pencil sharpener on next to it.
Happy New Year, All!
-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard
On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:27:30 -0800, Larry Jaques

I buy cheap (50 for $50) mechanical pencils and flood the work area with them. There's always one in sight.

My this be better than the last.

And it never fails the one you pick up to use has no lead in it. DL

Don't usually have that problem. If one runs out I either refill or pitch it. Do you put empty paint cans back on the shelf?
On 1/1/11 12:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

That's cheap?
--

-MIKE-

Sorry, that should be 50 for $5.
Don't get me started on drill bits. Baught some black drill bits,thinking they were Brown & Sharps. Broke the 1/2 inch in my 7.2 right angle Maketa.
Jr.