Food safe glue followup

Page 2 of 2

Glue chemistry is a bit more interesting than that (not that I know all that much about it). PVAs polymerize as they cure, independently of simply losing moisture, forming longer chains of, ummm, polymers. Adding water to cured glue doesn't "dissolve" those chains. Steaming the wood, however, still has the effect that steaming wood always had. I wonder why I never thought to remodel the spoon handles though...
(Regarding a past conversation about gluing one side or both sides, I just read my glue bottle. Titebond says to "Apply a heavy spread of glue to surface and clamp". I always just put glue on the surface, but let the squeeze out snot up the clamp. :D It also doesn't say one side or both sides.)