Food safe glue followup

Ok, forget I wrote "antimicrobial soap."

If you're going to hand wash cutting knives after meat, make sure you clean them with something that will adequately disinfect them.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I am trying to fix coffee maker basket for 30 cup coffee maker.

Reply to
emball98531

Are you stating a fact or asking for help?

Assuming there's a question in there someplace...

Metal or plastic?

How is it broken?

Perhaps a picture would help.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's great news. So many people just toss anything broken and buy new. Fixing it will be good for the environment and the earth will be a better place for generations, thanks to people like you.

Please update us on your project and how successful it is. You are to be commened for tackling such a thing. Good luck with it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Jul 23, 2018, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote (in article):

Coffeemaker baskets are usually made of polypropylene resin, which is a thermoplastic. I bet the only way to fix the basket is to heat-weld the cracked areas. Having some extra polypropylene stock to melt into the crack may help.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

He could make a new one from corrugated plastic. All he needs is the right (and smaller) forms. ;-)

DerbyDad03

My daughter has had good luck with various customer service departments in recent years -

- receiving a free replacement part, on more-than-one occasion ; and even getting a replacement appliance in one case - just for asking nicely and explaining things honestly. I recently received -free- 2 wheel assemblies for a piece of luggage - just for asking nicely and sending a photo of the shredded one. < I really only needed 1 wheel > < unfortunately - I don't have access to an industrial rivet machine to install the assembly .. duh. > ... still haven't got a round tuit replacing the wheel. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Exasperated with yet another dead coffee maker (display LCD died), she posted a nasty review on Amazon. We really like the coffee it makes but it only lasted six months[*]. Mr. Coffee contacted her and offered to send her a new one. Nice. I asked why she didn't tell them that the one (same model) I have at work has the exact same problem (though I don't need the display).

[*] Not all that unusual, no matter how much we've paid for coffee makers. $50 or $500, it doesn't seem to matter so $50 it is.
Reply to
krw

I am not a coffee drinker, but here is the ultimate coffee maker. If you have great disposable income.

It is Hammacherer Schlemmer.

Reply to
Markem

I like the box on order line of the page. ==> How many?

I think I'll take three. ;-)

Wife said, "Yeah, no!"

Reply to
krw

My cold brew coffee maker consists of a 2 qt glass pitcher, cheese cloth, an old Mr. Coffee basket and some coffee filters.

Each batch ends up being 1.5 quarts of kick-ass coffee concentrate that goes down velvety smooth. We either mix equal parts coffee and water or

2/3 coffee - 1/3 water depending on how kick-ass we want at the time.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

Call that the ultimate? Try a Jura super auto.

Reply to
J. Clarke

No the ultimate would be Star Trek tech that makes coffee out of energy. So excuse me.

Reply to
Markem

I'd like this one:

Reply to
whit3rd

That's a well built wench...err...I mean...wrench.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I used the Gorilla glue on a terracotta orchid pot and it blistered the Orchid. So I'm not sure it is food safe.

Reply to
erickbuchannan