Follow up to "We the Undersigned" ALL *NONTROLLISH* WW please read

Folks -

The earlier post to not respond to he who remains unnamed is a start... I'd like to propose our own rec.ww "Declaration of Sawdust Dependence" In that if you sign up, you'll abide by ONE simple rule. No response to troll activity - at all! Don't give the bastards one pixel of satisfaction. Politics, religion, sex.... Flame wars will be restricted to WW and any and ALL topics for WW are AOK...

As an additional commitment to increasing the S/N ratio, I will make an effort to respond to posts I feel I'm qualified to answer, and ask more of my occasionally dumbass questions.

Takers??

John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Reply to
John Moorhead

absolutely, John! I deplore trollish behavior. It is childish and wastes the reader's time.

dave

John Moorhead wrote:

Reply to
dmdmdm

OK, Nahm sucks!

Seriously, I don't respond to trolls, don't make public *plonk* noises, and sure-as-shirt just let the crap that inevitably crosses my screen roll off my shoulders, down the gutter and out to the sewage plant where it belongs.

Standin' up and pronouncin' yourself 4-square ag'in somethin' is the obverse of trolling.

I mostly lurk. When I've got something to contribute I do. Otherwise it's all same-same to me - ducks or geese, s'no matter.

Tooken, as a fellow dumb-asser.

Best,

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD

I once hooked up with a girl referred to as "The Troll" in college.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

did she resemble Don King?

dave

Jay Pique wrote:

Reply to
namrepuS

How have you found Titebond II? I have been using Lee Valley GF 2002, but am not always so happy with it; it seems a little hard to spread and the dark colour can be more of a liability then a benefit. Was thinking about switching, but it could be me, not the glue...

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Paul Kierstead wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

It's always right there on the shelf, with the blue bottle top. Right next to the 6 other bottles of glue. ;-)

Mostly I use Original Titebond, because the inevitable squeeze out is easier to clean up, and the glue that ends up on my shop clothing generally washes out of my shop clothing. That, and I don't need added water resistance for most of my projects.

If you meant Titebond III, then I'm totally unqualified to answer.

I DO like the Franklin Poly glue for the times when poly is appropriate.

Patriarch More Signal. Less Noise. (tm charlieb)

Reply to
patriarch

I'm in.

Keith Bohn

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Me too

Reply to
My Old Tools

I shop at Harbor Freight. Occasionally. But just for the clamps. That's all.

Reply to
mttt

...and the $20 stack dado. I don't need anything else.

except maybe the $39 drill press. But, that's all.

Well, the $99 wire welder. But nothing else.

Occassionally some cheap air tools, But nothing more.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I go there for disposable brushes Thats all I'll buy there

Well, there was the $219 14" bandsaw But I wouldn't buy any real tools there

The $7.99 cordless drill is still kicking after a year but I only go for the brushes

Reply to
Zeke

Doug, WTF is going on? Did you change language sets, or catch a virus or something? The last 2-3 days, almost every time I try to open one of your messages, I get flagged with a request to download a"Pan-European language set" of 1.8meg. for proper display. After I hit the "cancel" button a couple times, I can see the message, but it's a PITA.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

and that dust collector is a great deal if you catch it on sale....

Reply to
bridger

I may have done something in the last day or so to read (I thought) an email. Can you "view->source" of this message, cut and paste and send me an email with the nasties? Tings still look OK to me using Pan as a newsreader, and I thought I made the temporary change using Evolution as the email reader???

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Nahmie,

Was it ISO-8859-13? I think I may have it reset to ISO-8859-1 now. Let me know...

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Thank you, no. I have quite enough things that collect dust already. The floor, the shelves, the bench, etc. etc.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

The 'nastiness' is the MIME header for the "character-set" specification.. Somehow you've ended up with "ISO-8859-13" set. English is ISO-8859-1.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

It was; and you have _not_. Your post shows:

Sorry.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yes, as a matter of fact, it was! I had just noticed that, because usually the "header" at the very top of the screen(using OE as newsreader) shows the same thing as the subject line of the message, but the messages that give the problem just say "New Message - ISO-8859-13"

Reply to
Norman D. Crow