Follow up to "We the Undersigned" ALL *NONTROLLISH* WW please read

Folks -
The earlier post to not respond to he who remains unnamed is a start... I'd like to propose our own rec.ww "Declaration of Sawdust Dependence" In that if you sign up, you'll abide by ONE simple rule. No response to troll activity - at all! Don't give the bastards one pixel of satisfaction. Politics, religion, sex.... Flame wars will be restricted to WW and any and ALL topics for WW are AOK...
As an additional commitment to increasing the S/N ratio, I will make an effort to respond to posts I feel I'm qualified to answer, and ask more of my occasionally dumbass questions.
Takers??
John Moorhead Lakeport CA
absolutely, John! I deplore trollish behavior. It is childish and wastes the reader's time.
dave
John Moorhead wrote:

I once hooked up with a girl referred to as "The Troll" in college. <shudder>
JP

did she resemble Don King?
dave
Jay Pique wrote:

John Moorhead writes:

OK, Nahm sucks! <g>
Seriously, I don't respond to trolls, don't make public *plonk* noises, and sure-as-shirt just let the crap that inevitably crosses my screen roll off my shoulders, down the gutter and out to the sewage plant where it belongs.
Standin' up and pronouncin' yourself 4-square ag'in somethin' is the obverse of trolling.
I mostly lurk. When I've got something to contribute I do. Otherwise it's all same-same to me - ducks or geese, s'no matter.

Tooken, as a fellow dumb-asser.
Best,
Marc

How have you found Titebond II? I have been using Lee Valley GF 2002, but am not always so happy with it; it seems a little hard to spread and the dark colour can be more of a liability then a benefit. Was thinking about switching, but it could be me, not the glue...
PK

It's always right there on the shelf, with the blue bottle top. Right next to the 6 other bottles of glue. ;-)
Mostly I use Original Titebond, because the inevitable squeeze out is easier to clean up, and the glue that ends up on my shop clothing generally washes out of my shop clothing. That, and I don't need added water resistance for most of my projects.
If you meant Titebond III, then I'm totally unqualified to answer.
I DO like the Franklin Poly glue for the times when poly is appropriate.
Patriarch More Signal. Less Noise. (tm charlieb)
I'm in.
Keith Bohn
Me too
--
Ross Canant
www.myoldtools.com

I shop at Harbor Freight. Occasionally. But just for the clamps. That's all.
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:28:18 +0000, mttt wrote:

...and the $20 stack dado. I don't need anything else.
except maybe the $39 drill press. But, that's all.
Well, the $99 wire welder. But nothing else.
Occassionally some cheap air tools, But nothing more.
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

I go there for disposable brushes Thats all I'll buy there
Well, there was the $219 14" bandsaw But I wouldn't buy any real tools there
The $7.99 cordless drill is still kicking after a year but I only go for the brushes
--

Zeke
Change com to net for e-mail

and that dust collector is a great deal if you catch it on sale....

Thank you, no. I have quite enough things that collect dust already. The floor, the shelves, the bench, etc. etc. <wry grin>

Doug, WTF is going on? Did you change language sets, or catch a virus or something? The last 2-3 days, almost every time I try to open one of your messages, I get flagged with a request to download a"Pan-European language set" of 1.8meg. for proper display. After I hit the "cancel" button a couple times, I can see the message, but it's a PITA.
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:46:44 -0400, Norman D. Crow wrote:

I may have done something in the last day or so to read (I thought) an email. Can you "view->source" of this message, cut and paste and send me an email with the nasties? Tings still look OK to me using Pan as a newsreader, and I thought I made the temporary change using Evolution as the email reader???
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

The 'nastiness' is the MIME header for the "character-set" specification.. Somehow you've ended up with "ISO-8859-13" set. English is ISO-8859-1.
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:46:44 -0400, Norman D. Crow wrote:

Nahmie,
Was it ISO-8859-13? I think I may have it reset to ISO-8859-1 now. Let me know...
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

It was; and you have _not_. Your post shows:
Sorry.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it was! I had just noticed that, because usually the "header" at the very top of the screen(using OE as newsreader) shows the same thing as the subject line of the message, but the messages that give the problem just say "New Message - ISO-8859-13"