Follow up to Purpleheart Surprise

This is a follow-up to my post of a few weeks ago about a 12" by 66" by 1" piece of Purpleheart I got from my hardwood supplier. I really can't bring myself to cut that lovely board. Russ gave me an idea when he suggested a sofa table. This lovely board will be the top for a narrow hall table. I'm starting to look for design ideas on the web. Possibly shaker, maybe craftsman, maybe some type of oriental design. I've seen some tables in the past that look like they are just floating in mid-air and the legs seem hidden or understated.
This is one of those projects I really like. Lots of time to get the design right, some quality time in the shop, and finally a minimum of finishing to do since I want the wood to show with no stains etc.
D. G. Adams
dgadams wrote:
> This lovely board will be the top for a narrow > hall table. I'm starting to look for design ideas on the web.
Try the library table on NYW.
I'm satisfied.
YMMV
Lew

You might want to DAG for "console table". Some people call almost anything a console table, but that's what you're describing.
Do you want a freestanding piece, or would a wall hung one work for you? Can't get much more floating than that without rare earth magnets or helium-filled drawers. ;)
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:12:54 -0700, RicodJour wrote:

Thanks, found the console table links before I saw your post. Won't do a wall hung unit. It will be free standing. I've seen several shaker designs that I really like may go with that. Now to find time away from work and family to get r done.
D. G. Adams
Happy to help. Now if you need a place to showcase the finished piece, I'll offer up a spot in my living room...
Russ